Your favorite Dooney..

Hi SOTS! :wave:

Fun question! I love carrying my Dooney satchels (what I'm carrying now) but my long time favorite is my Colette shopper. Colette is one of my oldest Dooney bags, and most sought after. (Long story, won't bore you with it. :lol: ) My blue double pocket satchel is my oldest Dooney bag. I'm including my post from January. And obviously I didn't carry it exclusively for 2021. :rolleyes: I carried Colette until April 3rd, when my new-to-me Dooney nylon Smith bag arrived. (Thanks to @Purpleflower123 for posting her beautiful Smith bag collection.)

I'm going to try to carry Colette exclusively for 2021. I've been carrying her since October 12, 2020. Colette has been great to carry, especially since I lightened the contents. The current contents would fit in a small satchel or hobo, but I don't have to dig around for things. I can easily access my phone, wallet, sanitizer, etc without taking it off my shoulder or sitting it down on surfaces. Colette is my one bag I've carried some part of every year since I purchased her July, 2011, and the one bag every time I carry her I feel the same joy I felt when she was new. :heart:
View attachment 4955346

Reactions: songofthesea
I'm a Dooney satchel lover.... domed satchels, medium to larger sizes, zipper tops, with rolled handles.
I hand carry, so shoulder straps and cross body aren't my focus.

Dooney has lots of styles that meet my criterial.... pebbled leather zip zip and Darcy satchel,
as well as the newer pebbled leather large domed satchel.
I also love some of the older Dillen leather collection.... the domed satchel and the satchel with the
double zip pockets on the front.

There have been a few styles in Florentine leather that have met my satchel ideals...
with domed tops and also front pockets. And while
I have and carry, the 'Florentine satchel' in the mini or small (now called regular size),
the fold over top isn't my favorite from a usability standpoint. I love the look of the Flo
satchels.

And right now, I'm obsessed with the look of drawstring handbags.
Functionally, they present some issues for me with the lack of short handles.
But.... I love the look.

As for leathers.... pebbled, Florentine, Alto, and Dooney embossed exotic leathers
are my favorites. To be fair, the old school Dooney nylon is also really high quality and
has a place in my collection.

Reactions: songofthesea
I wound up getting the pebble crossbody and returned it. It’s a softer pebble grained leathery with no sheen and the zipper didn’t quite match the leather trim. So disappointed.

I wound up getting the pebble crossbody and returned it. It’s a softer pebble grained leathery with no sheen and the zipper didn’t quite match the leather trim. So disappointed.
Sorry it didn't work out for you. Dooney has done a number of different pebbled leather bags
called crossbody. I don't think they are all 'equal'. Not only are the sizes and design details
different, but also the leather may not be the same. The term 'pebbled leather' can mean a lot
of things.... it's really more of a marketing term these days.... describes the look of the leather,
but doesn't tell us much more than that.

Reactions: OJane
Yeah, I’m pretty bummed about it. I guess they’re calling it a new European pebbled leather that’s softer and more supple. I really liked the sheen on the older version.
Some leathers look better in some colors too.... a few years ago they came out with a new
pebbled leather that was soft and thick, but the finish was matte. I have a very pale
blush pink in that leather and it's lovely, but the darker colors look dull and drab to me.
I don't remember the collection name.