Your favorite brushes?

PewPew

Meow!
Apr 27, 2014
Polish fanatics will make any brush work, but we all have our favorites! Which are yours?

I'm loving the Zoya brush right now. I also prefer the precise Essie brush (I know, bring on the haterade! :lol:) over wide brushes.

My most "WTF? Brush" has been a StrangeBeautiful brush that was as long as a mascara wand & very thin. Eep.

Last edited:
Medium to wide brushes are my favourites. My issues with wide brushes is that I have rather slim nails so a bit too much presure and it's all over the cuticles. ACK. Thin brushes are rather difficult to make them work. Really hate l'oreal nail polish brushes they are really thin and always twisted.

I mostly use my Julep plié wand these days so I just pour some polish onto a pallete and pick it up from there.

Really hate l'oreal nail polish brushes they are really thin and always twisted.

I generally like small brushes, but for some reason I love the OPI flat brush. Also love Zoya and Nfu-Oh brushes. And funny you should mention L'Oreal brushes ... I recently tried L'Oreal for the first time and I love their brushes! :P lol!

On the top of my HATE list is the Wet n Wild Megalast brush!!! :cursing: I hate that thing with a passion! It's like a freakin' mop! *shudder* I've swatched a couple of colors in the store and refused to buy them just because of the brush. I just won't do it!

I generally like small brushes, but for some reason I love the OPI flat brush. Also love Zoya and Nfu-Oh brushes. And funny you should mention L'Oreal brushes ... I recently tried L'Oreal for the first time and I love their brushes! :P lol!

On the top of my HATE list is the Wet n Wild Megalast brush!!! :cursing: I hate that thing with a passion! It's like a freakin' mop! *shudder* I've swatched a couple of colors in the store and refused to buy them just because of the brush. I just won't do it!

Lol! Your most hated brush is my favorite. I love the mani-curve brush in the wet n wild megalast line. I was afraid of it too, at first. The brush is very wide, but curved at the bottom. It's the only brush that gives me a perfect cuticle line because it's literally one swipe at the cuticle. I can get get very even coverage, even with sheer polishes because each coat only requires 1 or 2 swipes.

I also like small round brushes (essie) because they allow more precision at the cuticle. Their only drawback is that they require more swipes/potential streaks.

I don't like wide brushes that are flat at the bottom (opi) because I have a hard time with the cuticle area.

My ultimate favorite is Rescue Beauty Lounge, their brushes are always super easy for me to work with. After that I like Chanel and Essie, I guess you could say I like the small, round style. :smile:

The worst are from HITS, I've gotten a few holos and the Mari Moon collection and I couldn't deal with them, I gave them to a friend!