Your favorite bag for 60+ age group

Younger women always think that older women prefer different or particular bags. They usually don't. As an older woman, let me tell you it depends on the woman. I like and wear all the same bags you wear and look sensational with them. Some women are old at 40 and some are young at 60.

^ :yes:. my mum is totally into LV, Hermes and Chanel - as am I so I don't see an age issue here, more like a cash issue (she has got more ;))

Younger women always think that older women prefer different or particular bags. They usually don't. As an older woman, let me tell you it depends on the woman. I like and wear all the same bags you wear and look sensational with them. Some women are old at 40 and some are young at 60.

now THAT is the post of the day!! :tup:

Suzy, thanks for that terrific comment. I personally want to see my mom/mother in law in trendy, big size bags but wasn't sure if that's appropriate. So that's why I posted the question.

Great post, SuzyZ! I'm 51 and think (hope?) that if you can look great wearing a bag, it doesn't matter how old you are.

AleyaNY in salmon

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/AleyaNY/17553.aspx

AleyaNYshoshannasatchel.jpg

Oh, I do love that Aleya NY. A little bit of structure gives it a little formal feel. Do you know which department store carries this line so I can check out how it looks in real life?

These bags look like replicas of Hermes handbags. Is this site legit? Does it violate any trademark/intellectual property laws?

The maker doesn't sell them as Hermes, so they do not mislead the buyer. An illegal bag is one the maker attempts to pass off as the real thing by using labels and other identifying devices which convince the buyer that (s)he is getting a real Hermes for an unbelievably good price.

The designs are old enough to fall into the public domain - at least I think that is the way courts have ruled. Hermes sued two companies which had shops on Madison Avenue in the sixties. They both sold (expensive) lookalike bags. The case went on for years, through several appeals, with Hermes winning some rounds and the two neighborhood shops winning other rounds. I never read the final outcome, but both of the small stores are still open and still selling these designs, so I gather they eventually got a ruling in their favor.
Pierotucci is like these two shops. Not illegal, as I understand it. Just uncomfortable for people who know and love :heart:the real thing.