Your experiece with bhexpress....anyone?

*Heather*

TIME OUT
Aug 9, 2009
I recently purchased items from bhexpress and am kind of on the fence about them.
One purchase was great, the other was a complete waste of money. Item was a
factory reject, seams were crooked, and it hung funny.

I realize they are a powerseller, and state in their auction that they accept returns on
Buy It Now items only. These were auction items.

So, my question is, how many of you have purchased from them and have been completely
satisfitied? I didn't leave them any feedback on the bad item, as I realize it is Buyer Beware
with them. They are kind enough to leave positive feedback when you pay, so that's another
reason not to 'ding' them. I would feel guilty:huh:

I've bought from them -- with the same experience. It's hit or miss with them, they are like a clearance jobber. And I've had my items arrive very wrinkled, so the impression I have is that they buy old stock in a large lot (pallet full?) and then they just sort and list.

You can get really great deals - but the items aren't going to be Neiman Marcus top line quality.

Dont' feel guilty :smile: Others have dinged them too. If something is a second, it should be disclosed. They usually manage to disclose flaws, sometimes they miss them. But I do expect that they WILL disclose, because usually they DO.

I've had mostly good experience with them, but did purchase one item that was obviously not even good enough to be a "second" :smile: I e-mailed describing the problemS and they issued me a "store credit" (yippee -- NOT!) for the value of the item and its portion of the combined shipping. Took about a week in total.

I'd buy from them again if they had an auction item that I wanted. They are HUGE so stuff does slip thru the cracks, I think. IMHO they are not deliberately misleading buyers.

Dont' feel guilty :smile: Others have dinged them too. If something is a second, it should be disclosed. They usually manage to disclose flaws, sometimes they miss them. But I do expect that they WILL disclose, because usually they DO.

I've had mostly good experience with them, but did purchase one item that was obviously not even good enough to be a "second" :smile: I e-mailed describing the problemS and they issued me a "store credit" (yippee -- NOT!) for the value of the item and its portion of the combined shipping. Took about a week in total.

I'd buy from them again if they had an auction item that I wanted. They are HUGE so stuff does slip thru the cracks, I think. IMHO they are not deliberately misleading buyers.

Did you send the item back? I only paid $10.50 for the shirt, so it may not be
worth having to send it back, and pay more postage. I already paid $7.00 to
have it shipped.

Did you send the item back? I only paid $10.50 for the shirt, so it may not be
worth having to send it back, and pay more postage. I already paid $7.00 to
have it shipped.

No they told me to keep it, so I'm donating it to a shelter nearby. My total was $7.25 for it including its portion of the combined shipping. If they had wanted it back, and had expected ME to pay shipping, I'd have negged, I think. As it was, IMHO, they did reasonably well keeping me satisfied.

In my e-mail I said that I was certain that this item had somehow slipped through their quality control, described the flaws, and asked if they would return my money. If they WOULD return my money, how would shipping be handled -- would I be expected to pay my own return shipping OR would they refund me the cost of the return shipping?

The reply e-mail from them was "We've rec'd your e-mail, we are very sorry, mistakes DO happen sometimes. Someone will be in touch with you within a few days" and the next e-mail was "Keep the item, and here's a store credit for the value of it and its shipping"

i've ordered many items from them in the past- dresses and maternity wear. all except 2 arrived in good condition. i received a silk dress with a loose threads in the zipper so i had to re-stitch the zipper back on and maternity capri pants with a hole in it. for the capri pants they gave me a credit for future purchase. customer service is good. definitely wash anything you get from them as most items are wrinkled and have been sitting in some warehouse for who knows how long.

Update for the OP -- I tried to use my "courtesy credit" and got a message that the # was invalid. Have sent e-mail and will let you know what happens.

Uh oh! Keep us updated. I just received this from them, which I thought was very nice....

(But did you read the last part? Gotta pay more)

Courtesy BHFO

We regret that your eBay item listed below was flawed and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We sell in very large quantities at BH Factory outlet - this allows us to keep our prices low for you, our customers, but occasionally mistakes are made in the listing process. We are currently implementing new technology that will eliminate such errors, and allow us to serve you better!
We value your business and hope that you continue to purchase from BH Factory Outlet. Included is a Promotional Code that is good for store credit off your next purchase from our eBay store.
Thank you for shopping at our store!
Sincerely,
Janelle Halblom
Customer Service Representative

Item number: xxx
Item name: xxx
Enter promo code: xxx
Credit amount: xxx
Expiration date: 11/17/2009

Terms:
Next time you shop at http://www.bhfo.com, enter this promo code during checkout before you pay and the amount will be discounted from your total.
The discount only applies to the sub-total amount and will not discount shipping costs. The sub-total must equal or be greater than the the promo code amount. If the sub-total is less than the promo code amount, you can try to win other items to increase the sub-total or you can checkout and contact us at [email protected] requesting a balance promo code
This code is valid for one time use within 90 days.
Contact BHFO
-Courtesy BHFO

Thanks *Heather*, yes I saw that part, but not till I was trying to redeem. My purchase DOES exceed my credit, so I don't know why it isn't working. Did get e-mail saying its been referred to someone and I'll hear back in a couple of days.