Your Diors in Action!

Hey everybody! I’m sure I’m not alone when I say this quarantine has me shopping online more than ever. I came upon a holy grail bag on TRR and I just had to come on here and share it as the most action it has seen is the living room!

It’s a mini lady dior in black stingray with silver hardware from 2016. I was actually in talks with my SA about having a custom LD created because I’ve always wanted either a natural ombré lizard LD or a stingray one. I CANNOT believe I found this on resale and it has made staying at home so much easier as I stare at it all day! Here he is in all his glory...

5877D329-13DB-4B57-9B32-53441A40629B.jpeg
B8D9C7D3-65D5-4E32-B70B-250BE81DEF63.jpeg

Hey everybody! I’m sure I’m not alone when I say this quarantine has me shopping online more than ever. I came upon a holy grail bag on TRR and I just had to come on here and share it as the most action it has seen is the living room!

It’s a mini lady dior in black stingray with silver hardware from 2016. I was actually in talks with my SA about having a custom LD created because I’ve always wanted either a natural ombré lizard LD or a stingray one. I CANNOT believe I found this on resale and it has made staying at home so much easier as I stare at it all day! Here he is in all his glory...

View attachment 4709402
View attachment 4709403
That’s a very cool looking bag!! Edgy but elegant. Congratulations!

Reactions: Hermes_Newbie22

View attachment 4709402
View attachment 4709403
Wow! Congratulations! This bag is extraordinary!

I'm going to copy your post in our Dudes and their Diors thread as well!

Reactions: Dancing Pandas

View attachment 4709402
View attachment 4709403
What a find!!

View attachment 4709402
View attachment 4709403

Just wow! You are very lucky to find this beautiful piece!!

View attachment 4709402
View attachment 4709403
This is gorgeous!!! This is the kind of Dior I’m looking for. I’ve been scouring the internet for something exotic like this. Good for you. Wear in good health!!! May we know size and price?

This is gorgeous!!! This is the kind of Dior I’m looking for. I’ve been scouring the internet for something exotic like this. Good for you. Wear in good health!!! May we know size and price?
Yes, of course! It is the mini lady dior size with the chain strap. The price...was unbelievable tbh. Like I said, I was in the process of requesting a custom piece before COVID-19 and I was anticipating between $9-12k. I got this piece for (and I really cannot stress enough how in shock and happy I was when I saw the price)...$3,400. It was put in my cart and purchased before I could even process what had popped up!

I did obviously have some concern about authenticity but I had it authenticated and everything is perfect about it! It didn’t have a retail price on TRR so I don’t know if they didn’t know what to price it at...plus stingray doesn’t hold its value very well but that doesn’t deter me one bit!

I would constantly check TheRealReal for pieces like this because their photos are honestly not great which deters a lot of buyers from special pieces at great prices. YoogisCloset also has a few python pieces at great prices. Fashionphile is amazing but typically more expensive and I haven’t seen many exotic LD’s. I always have my pieces authenticated by a third party after buying online just to make sure though!

Last edited:

View attachment 4709402
View attachment 4709403
What a DREAM bag! Congratulations! I need to start checking RR more often :smile:

Yes, of course! It is the mini lady dior size with the chain strap. The price...was unbelievable tbh. Like I said, I was in the process of requesting a custom piece before COVID-19 and I was anticipating between $9-12k. I got this piece for (and I really cannot stress enough how in shock and happy I was when I saw the price)...$3,400. It was put in my cart and purchased before I could even process what had popped up!

I did obviously have some concern about authenticity but I had it authenticated and everything is perfect about it! It didn’t have a retail price on TRR so I don’t know if they didn’t know what to price it at...plus stingray doesn’t hold its value very well but that doesn’t deter me one bit!

I would constantly check TheRealReal for pieces like this because their photos are honestly not great which deters a lot of buyers from special pieces at great prices. YoogisCloset also has a few python pieces at great prices. Fashionphile is amazing but typically more expensive and I haven’t seen many exotic LD’s. I always have my pieces authenticated by a third party after buying online just to make sure though!

Thank you for this information. I have never bought preowned before however, I would for an exotic LD and I have been checking on Fashionphile sporadically. Your insight is great! What made you trust TRR as they do not have a return policy? Who do you go to for 3rd party authentication. Lastly, I did not realize that stingray does not hold its value as python and other exotics however, that wouldn't have deterred me either. This was well worth. Love it!

Thank you for this information. I have never bought preowned before however, I would for an exotic LD and I have been checking on Fashionphile sporadically. Your insight is great! What made you trust TRR as they do not have a return policy? Who do you go to for 3rd party authentication. Lastly, I did not realize that stingray does not hold its value as python and other exotics however, that wouldn't have deterred me either. This was well worth. Love it!
Always happy to share any info that I have!

I don’t really mind the lack of a return policy because if the item is inauthentic they take it back. Sure there is always the chance that I might not like it once I receive it but I haven’t had that happen yet!

For third party authentication, I personally
use RealAuthentication. Not everyone has had a great experience with them so I wouldn’t highly recommend them but, I can say that I have never had a problem with them which is why I still use their services.

In regards to Galuchat leather holding it’s value, it’s tough. Typically exotic leathers don’t ever resell for retail unless it’s Hermès or rare Chanel (that I have seen). That includes all types of exotics. Add that to the fact that LD’s don’t hold their value extremely well on the resell market and you can get a very good deal like I did. You can get a croc LD for under or around $10,000 even though they retail for much more. It’s all about constantly looking online and scooping up what you like as soon as you see it!

This diorama satchel brought me back to Dior a couple of years ago View attachment 4715286
Beautiful bag and shot! Right now I’m DYING over a lizard diorama I found on Vestiare Collective but it’s not eligible for shipping to the US as it is in France. Does anyone know of any services that work around shipping restrictions? I don’t see why they wouldn’t allow lizard to go through customs...

Reactions: Venessa84
Beautiful bag and shot! Right now I’m DYING over a lizard diorama I found on Vestiare Collective but it’s not eligible for shipping to the US as it is in France. Does anyone know of any services that work around shipping restrictions? I don’t see why they wouldn’t allow lizard to go through customs...
Some exotic leathers are banned in certain states (like California), so some brands have resorted to restrict it to certain areas.

It's really absurd sometimes. I sent a Burberry Britain automatic power reserve watch with an alligator strap for repair and it was rejected. When it was sent back to the store, I was told that it can be sent again only if the strap is removed so it can cross customs. I asked for a full refund instead because I thought it was ridiculous given that I had just bought the watch not long ago and it already had a problem.