Your claim to fame?

carousel eyes

Dec 4, 2008
After seeing sheanabelle's thread [in the TV and Cinema forum] about being in a Vagisil commercial, I thought it would be cool to read about other tPFers and their claims to fame. I don't want this to turn into a name-dropping thread or anything, but I'm always so fascinated with the six degrees of seperation type thing.

I'd love to hear stories if anyone has an interesting one! =]

Loooooong time ago ... I was a teen model and did pageants ... didn't win but always placed ... sadly I didn't get tall enough to be a runway model, which is what I really wanted to do.

My biggest missed 15 minutes of fame was when I auditioned for the part of Jimmy Hoffa's daughter in the movie Hoffa that starred Jack Nicholson. I often wonder how/if my life would have been different if I got that part!

hm i was a extra in some mtv stuff (TRL, Made, Super Sweet 16) thats about it i think. LOL

Soooo, how butchered/fake are those shows IRL!? Hahaha.

My biggest missed 15 minutes of fame was when I auditioned for the part of Jimmy Hoffa's daughter in the movie Hoffa that starred Jack Nicholson. I often wonder how/if my life would have been different if I got that part!

That's like my friend - she auditioned for the role of Cho Chang in Harry Potter. She wasn't ever going to actually end up with the part because JK Rowling wanted to keep the cast strictly British and she's from MA. But, she was in the same audition group with the girl who ended up with the role. She also received a callback, but didn't know until she got home aka it was too late. =[

My claims to fame:
- I was interviewed with my best friend [too bad I looked like crap] for Fuse TV about meeting The Kills at Lollapalooza music festival last year.
- My Grandpa was the physician for Dave Thomas aka the founder of Wendy's.
- My friend's dad is a TV/movie producer in London.

We attended a rally for a Presidential candidate in the last election. We were seated behind him and saw ourselves on the national news later the week.

My sister was featured in a music video when she was a teenager. It's on YouTube and my kids think it's absolutely hysterical to watch it.

My Dad was Raymond Burr's stand-in when they filmed the Perry Mason movies years ago.

I went to high school with a handbag designer who is, sometimes, discussed on tPF.

Nothing big time, but:

In high school - the local news used my picture quite a few times for school fundraisers. I also seem to get on the big screen quite often at college and pro sports events... and then get approached a few days later by a stranger telling me they remember me from the big screen. Kind of bizarre, but I guess I have a memorable face?

I can been seen on stage with Bruce Springsteen during the song Glory Days for the MTV unplugged DVD.

I was also on the screen a LOT during the Springsteen shows in April this year. During the show, 3 people text me saying they kept seeing me on the screens. I was in the front row (both nights)

Last edited:
I did a couple of modeling gigs for car shows, I've been on flyers for car companies, and been interviewed a couple of times for panels for different discussion topics. My DF's family owns a MMA gym which has given me the opportunity to meet some big time UFC/Pride fighters like Chuck "Iceman" Liddel, Phil "NY Badass" Baroni, Gil "El Nino" Melendez, Ceasar Gracie, and Jake Shields just to name a few of the guys. Oh, and my neighbors Grandfather was a Vice President of the United States of America. My Mom's friend used to date Ellen (the talk show host!!).

I can been seen on stage with Bruce Springsteen during the song Glory Days for the MTV unplugged DVD.

I was also on the screen a LOT during the Springsteen shows in April this year. During the show, 3 people text me saying they kept seeing me on the screens. I was in the front row (both nights)

That's awesome! Wasn't Courtney Cox in the Glory Days video? I know she's in some video of his. He's preforming for an audience and she's in the front row dancing around.

I was an extra in the video for "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit but I don't think I can be seen anywhere. I could have been featured in it for the lip syncing part but I was too embarassed to make a fool of myself. Still kick myself a little bit for that. Unfortunately that day ended my crush on Fred Durst cuz it turns out he's kind of an a$$hat. :rolleyes: