Your BV bargains!

jelts

O.G.
Mar 23, 2007
Hi everyone!

I'm trawling the net and everywhere for my first BV (hopefully, a lovely Veneta) and know the upper limit of the price range (ie RRP). I'm unable to know if something is a "bargain" or not. I'm not located in a place where there are outlets or have stores with a "real" discount since the SG shops are retailing at a high price.

So, what have you bought that are steals and real bargains?

• Bluefly - typically 20% off. Watch out though, occasionally they inflate the list prices to above true retail

• Jomashop - typically 20% off, but up to 40% off

• Shirise - typically full price, but can go as high as 40% off during sale time

• BV boutiques - obviously typically full price, but seasonal colors go on sale twice a year (end of May/early June and then Mid-November), typically 30% (?) off

• Saks and other dept stores - I know others rely religiously on F&F discounts and other promotions; vary in size, not sure how much they are

At least this is what little I've gleaned from my past few months getting into BV! Would love to hear tips from others as well

Thanks! This is very helpful! :tup::tup:

• Bluefly - typically 20% off. Watch out though, occasionally they inflate the list prices to above true retail
  • Jomashop - typically 20% off, but up to 40% off
  • Shirise - typically full price, but can go as high as 40% off during sale time
  • BV boutiques - obviously typically full price, but seasonal colors go on sale twice a year (end of May/early June and then Mid-November), typically 30% (?) off
  • Saks and other dept stores - I know others rely religiously on F&F discounts and other promotions; vary in size, not sure how much they are
At least this is what little I've gleaned from my past few months getting into BV! Would love to hear tips from others as well

kcm1535 has summarized all of the key online sources I know about... besides eBay, of course. If you go with eBay be sure to authenticate here first - but there are some good deals to be had there if you are careful.

BlueFly often has days where "everything" is an extra 10% off, but they often take all of the newer items off for that day (grrrr). But then there are sometimes discount codes available for BlueFly for an additional 10% off - check the Deals & Steals forum here to find them. BlueFly also ships outside of the US - shipping isn't cheap, and you will likely have to pay duties and taxes to bring it into your country, but it may still end up cheaper (especially with the extra % off sales and coupons) than buying there.

Jomashop has additional 30% off sales from time to time with a special code (again, check the Deals & Steals forum for info), which can result in really great prices... just watch out with their shipping because although they ship outside of the US, the shipping cost is a % of the price and therefore can easily become outrageous.

I don't know if Shirise ships outside the US - I think they might but I've never ordered from them. The BV boutiques in the US do ship outside the US - I think other boutiques elsewhere do as well... not sure the cost in the various locations. And some of the department stores do ship outside the US and others don't - I think more don't than do, though.

Shirise does ship to Singapore. Shipping was about $30 for a pair of shoes or a small bag. I bought my mini braided hobo in terracotta there.

Bluefly does ship overseas but not to Singapore, so I use Comgateway to ship it back to me for a fee. You'll thus have to pay domestic shipping to ship to your Comgateway address in Portland, and Comgateway's international shipping charges to ship to Singapore. If I'm not mistaken, it's about $50-$80 per bag. You'll have to pay GST too.

I almost bought a nice ebano tote (900 USD) and an exotic belt (480 USD) at the Cabazon outlet last April, but changed my mind. Those would have been really great deals.

Thanks for all those informations !!! very usefull... About the sites mentioned, I have only ordered from annsfabulousfinds and it was a great experience , they ship internationally too.

Thanks everyone! Yes, it should be stickied.

I wonder, also, if you could share your finds? I'm wondering because, on the bay, there are new Medium Venetas that are on sale for USD895. I'm having difficulty in evaluating if it might eb a "bargain".

Thanks everyone! Yes, it should be stickied.

I wonder, also, if you could share your finds? I'm wondering because, on the bay, there are new Medium Venetas that are on sale for USD895. I'm having difficulty in evaluating if it might eb a "bargain".

Here is a REALLY amazing bargain - sloane from Jemznjewels... not exactly sure what this color is, maybe marmot? but it is almost $1000 less than retail so this qualifies Jelts!

http://www.jemznjewels.com/noframe_...Bottega+Venetta&type=designer&item=3682&i_n=1

In my opinion $895 for a Medium Veneta that is BNWT is a very good deal. Usually the only ones you'll find on eBay for that price are the more unpopular colors, e.g. white, green, orange. But if you love the color, then it's a great deal!

I have two medium Venetas, I got one for $1000 brand new on eBay and one for $1150ish on Bluefly.