Your boss/co-workers.

eep!

Jun 9, 2009
Lets vent about our frusterations with our boss/coworkers !! I want to hear all your lovely stories. :biggrin:

I am fuming !!

I took up a job for a small business but as of late Ive started to have issues with my boss. One payday she tells me she is far too busy to write up a cheque, then later tells me she is preparing for a barbeque she is throwing. :nuts: I should have said something however she said the cheque would be ready the next day. So the next day I came and was told it would be there the next day and so on and so forth. She was never there to speak to personally, until I finally saw her almost a week later and demanded my cheque. I was more than irritated. On top of that she refused to pay me for days I know I worked, saying I must have "made a mistake." I was approached by 2 people at work on different occassions who admitted she never paid on time. My work friend and I started mutually expressing our unpleasant feelings about the entire ordeal. I was furious about how she was treating everyone and in confidence of our PRIVATE conversation, told my friend we'd be better off elsewhere and so would everyone else there. He had a few choice words for boss as well.

I ended up not being able to work last week due to health issues. After attempting to contact the boss several times with no luck, I decided to write her a letter. With no response for 3 days, she finally calls today. "So.. I heard you arent very happy here. People have been telling me you've been trying to convince them to quit." I apologized and admitted I had acted unprofessionally because I was frusterated with her putting a party as a priority over paying her staff members. She said: "Well at that time, yes the party was more important." :nuts:

I explained (also in my defense) that we ALL had concerns over payment. She says: "No, I spoke to EVERYONE here individually and no one has a problem with me or with waiting a few extra days when Im obviously busy." Of course implying that Im some sort of liar. What did she think? I went off on a tangent while her faithful employees sat and said nothing? Hardly. Keep living in ignorance, woman. I did not admit what the others had said, I just nicely explained that perhaps the pay cheque was not as important to them if they could wait a few days, considering they are all MARRIED and with a 2nd income while I am the only independant one there. I have financial responsibilites. For missed payments on bills, Im the one who has to pay any late/NSF/overdraft fees which equals $100+. Not to mention the hassle of having to contact the billing company to explain/reschedule, all because her social life is more important.

I obviously should not have spoken badly about her but I was pretty infuriated. The co-workers I spoke to said they wanted to quit because of pay then turn around and say everything is okay. (Actually my "FRIEND" did end up quitting and he was the one who ran and told her everything I said). Why on earth would he feel it necessary to do that when he was quitting anyway? I think I am more upset at the fact that everyone is playing innocent and pointing fingers at me, all the while the boss going: "Everyone here is perfectly happy and content except YOU." Why cant people stand up for themselves?! Just because I have a backbone and Im not afraid to say whats on my mind and therefore have to suffer the consequences of "looking bad" when they were just as guilty for engaging in that conversation. So lesson learned. You cant trust "friends" at work, even if they verbally agree with your opinion. Good thing he quit, I would have give him a piece of my mind !

I do feel badly about the situation but shes taken advantage of me, works me to the bone, then doesnt pay me on time. And justifies it because everyone else at work apparently doesnt mind at all ! I dont need the job but I thoroughly enjoy working there. Is it worth staying for that kind of treatment? Well, Im sure I know what the obvious answer is. But something is telling me to stay there.

I had that problem. The place started having a rough go at making money, and suddenly my checks were taking longer to get to me, days were missing and I had to hunt down my boss to get them paid...

I quit. And I honestly don't care that I did. I worked there for roughly 7 years, but frankly, me and my bills come first. I now have a full-time job and my checks are direct deposited into my account on time, EVERY time.

I suppose this fits, but I am soooo sick of everyone at my job dating each other! There have been two couples who have had a baby since i've been working here and neither one of them are together anymore. Actually one of those guys cheated on his girlfriend who doesn't work here and got another coworker pregnant who thought he would stay with her if she kept it. NOT!! There are way too many people who are messing around with each other at my job while cheating on thier significant others who work elsewhere. Whew, it feels good to get that out lol

Good for you ! No one needs a job like this.. especially not me. I have other forms of income.

Wow, update already ! And more ranting. :nuts:

To make a long story short, after doing some research I was totally wrong about my work friend. I felt so hurt when I thought he betrayed me but turns out he had nothing to do with this entire ordeal. Apparently the other girls and the boss were talking about me. One girl said I was making a big deal about the pay and get this.. the other girl said I told her to quit AND that I was stealing !!! STEALING !!! This girl and I were VERY close.. Im just completely and utterly shocked and hurt.

Why the boss invited me back? No idea. But it all makes sense now that she was making up suspicious questions one day.. whatever. Im gone.. Im not ever going to enter that place again.

Never mind.

(let's just say, my boss has made me so paranoid that I don't dare post how I really feel because either somehow she will see it or one of her toadying sycophants will show it to her)

Last edited:
If you are an employee, it is illegal to be paid late.

Get a new job fast!

And never ever gossip at work, no matter the provocation. Doing so will bite you.

I'm so glad I'm self employed!

Good luck!

I was about to say, I don't think what your boss is doing is legal. How crappy of your friend to do that to you knowing you would still be working there. :sad: Is this her own company? I only ask, because I'm surprised she's the boss of anything with that organization.

Two years ago, I met this girl in class and didn't really like her, but didn't really hate her or anything. One day she comes to campus with all these business cards saying her job needed more people and it good for students because it was flexible and you could work part time, ect. So, I took one and decided to give it a shot. I worked there two weeks, when I heard from people in my class she saying I was lazy, always messing up, she wished I never came there to work. I asked about specifis things I was doing wrong and when the people told me, she either lied or exaggerated everything I did. At this time, I was already taking some classes for my major and decided I needed to quit before people who could really have a say in my future heard her bs. The best is when I quit, the other employees were all, "Why are you leaving? Aren't things working out?" Not worth the stress and I'm very private person. I like my work life to be work and my personal/social to be seperate.

I had a boss that belittled me at every possible opportunity and whenever I tackled him,the snake managed to somehow turn it around on me!
In the end I gave my notice and said I would give it to him in writing the next day.He acted really suprised and asked me why ...WTF? Something came over me,and I calmly turned round and told him it was because I was sick of all his sh*t,and I could actually write my resignation there and then on a peice of toilet paper and he could either wipe his a$$ or his mouth on it I really didn't care which.

After that,he avoided me as much as he could until I left.

I was about to say, I don't think what your boss is doing is legal. How crappy of your friend to do that to you knowing you would still be working there. :sad: Is this her own company? I only ask, because I'm surprised she's the boss of anything with that organization.

Two years ago, I met this girl in class and didn't really like her, but didn't really hate her or anything. One day she comes to campus with all these business cards saying her job needed more people and it good for students because it was flexible and you could work part time, ect. So, I took one and decided to give it a shot. I worked there two weeks, when I heard from people in my class she saying I was lazy, always messing up, she wished I never came there to work. I asked about specifis things I was doing wrong and when the people told me, she either lied or exaggerated everything I did. At this time, I was already taking some classes for my major and decided I needed to quit before people who could really have a say in my future heard her bs. The best is when I quit, the other employees were all, "Why are you leaving? Aren't things working out?" Not worth the stress and I'm very private person. I like my work life to be work and my personal/social to be seperate.

Hey lady !

What did that job entail exactly? I cannot believe what some employers would do. Yes, I acted unproffesional as well but you should expect more out of a boss. If she had a problem with your work ethic, she should have come to you and talked about it, instead of (like me) telling other people she had a problem with you.

For the most part I am self employed but I needed a desperate change when I applied for that one.. because I am the type of person who will not stay at a profession long. So I felt I needed to switch things up a bit. I get extremely bored with whatever Im doing and end up quitting so instead of just doing ONE job all the time.. I do 3. This job didnt mean much to me but I thought I really liked the people there and I enjoyed the job in itself so I stayed. In the past I had never cared about the cheques because I wasnt working there for money. But that ONE time I ended up depending on the cheque and she didnt come through. Yes the business is hers. She is obviously very unprofessional, she does a lot of illegal things. But in my experience and from what Ive encountered, small businesses do tend to take advantage of their employees and they dont "follow the rules" as often.

I had a boss that belittled me at every possible opportunity and whenever I tackled him,the snake managed to somehow turn it around on me!
In the end I gave my notice and said I would give it to him in writing the next day.He acted really suprised and asked me why ...WTF? Something came over me,and I calmly turned round and told him it was because I was sick of all his sh*t,and I could actually write my resignation there and then on a peice of toilet paper and he could either wipe his a$$ or his mouth on it I really didn't care which.

After that,he avoided me as much as he could until I left.

NICE!!!:graucho: you're my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A coworker is going all SWF on me. It started out innocently enough with "Ooooh, I like your dress/bag/shoes." Then it was "Where do I get the EXACT umbrella/pen/laptop?" Then it was "What does your DF call you (pet names)?" Yesterday it was, "How do you eat your mini Reeses cups - one bite or two? Let me see." And then proceeded to WATCH ME EAT. Crazy a$$ bi@tch.

The OP reminded me of a story - I do payroll and I used to have a supervisor who was from an old money family, but trying to prove himself in the real world.

One time pay day fell on Christmas Day (and in Canada the following day is also a holiday called Boxing Day and then there was a weekend, so it would have been Monday until they got paid) and I asked if I could move up the pay date.

He actually said to me "does it matter to people if they get paid on the precise day?"

Being a nervous young single girl at the time I always had a cushion amount in the bank to fall back on, but he was dumbstruck when I told him some of my friends borrowed transit tokens from me for a day or two before pay day because they were broke.

He did give me permission once he understood their children might not have a Christmas dinner!

I;ve since learned that is the law (at least in Canada), if the normal pay day is on a holiday you have to pay in advance.

A coworker is going all SWF on me. It started out innocently enough with "Ooooh, I like your dress/bag/shoes." Then it was "Where do I get the EXACT umbrella/pen/laptop?" Then it was "What does your DF call you (pet names)?" Yesterday it was, "How do you eat your mini Reeses cups - one bite or two? Let me see." And then proceeded to WATCH ME EAT. Crazy a$$ bi@tch.

OMG!! That is soooo creepy!!