Your biggest Balenciaga pet peeve?

I'm surprised no one has brought this up -- those stupid WEIGHT DISTRIBUTORS. I think they look really cool, so I leave them on, but when I carry my City by the shoulder strap I always have to slide the weight distributor to the front or back (not the place where it actually touches my shoulder) because if I use it, the bag slides off.

Why would you create a thing that makes your bag LESS functional??? makes no sense.

I hate it that the shoulder strap on city and twiggy is so short :s
I want to wear my bags crossbody sometimes too!
I am tall, 5.9foot ... it seems they designed the strap for short females like Nicole Richie :shrugs:

My number 1 pet peeve ... when people CUT the tassels!!!!!! For a collector like myself, I'm always looking for a pristine bag ... which means:
  1. Don't mess with the leather
  2. Don't mess with the tassels
  3. Don't lose the Auth cards
  4. Don't lose the mirror
  5. When your not using the bag, store it in the Dust Bag!!
If you ever plan (down the road) to sell your bag, try to keep it as close to the original as possible!

Where oh where to start:

a). That they keep raising prices in a ****ty economy - that's just low.

b). No more pockets on the mirror. That really came in handy for business cards, metro pass, etc. It's the little details we love.

c). No more feet on certain bags. Lame.

d). No more free set of extra tassels when you buy a bag. Way to nickel and dime me Balenciaga.

e). The fact that you can only purchase tassels if you bought a bag at that store.

f). Discontinuing the boobie (I have to ***** about something since they listened and brought back the mini mini) I have hope though that this one is coming back soon.

g). Why oh why offer Gold, silver, and covered GIANT hardware - and then only offer the RH in raised brass or small covered. A lot of us still prefer the older hardware and would buy like fiends if you offered more selections.

f). THIS IS THE BIGGIE: WHY DID YOU ONLY OFFER THE BESACE BAG FOR ONE SEASON AND MAKE LIKE 7 PIECES AROUND THE FREAKING WORLD TOTAL. I have wanted this freaking bag for years YEARS - then dream of dreams: "hey ladies (and some gents too I'm sure) we're bringing that sucker back!!" - Um: no. You made like 4 in black and then lead us all on a wild goose chase for them. I REALLY wanted one, along with many other folks. WHY didn't you make more AND why discontinue it AGAIN. Okay - rant over.

I think this about covers it for me too!

The long zippers on my RH City! I don't dislike the look of the "bunny ears" but they make it such a pain to unzip the bag because you have to use both hands - one for holding the bunny ear and the other for pulling the zipper. I usually zip my bag because I'm afraid of pickpockets (I've had my wallet stolen twice - from other bags though). The only solution seems to be to let the zipper pulls meet further towards the centre of the bag, but I often forget that...

Ahh well, I love my City anyway:heart:

I've bought my first B Bag this month, a Charbon city. My biggets pet peeve is the base, i hate the base of my hb drops, luckily, the handbag organiser helps!
The shoulder strap is too short, so I just took it off.
Agree with JSY on the zip, u have to use both hands.
The handle of city is not long enough, I can onlyput it on my shoulder when I don't wear a coat. Overall, I still love my city, love the leather and am targeting on my second B handbag. :love:

My number 1 pet peeve ... when people CUT the tassels!!!!!! For a collector like myself, I'm always looking for a pristine bag ... which means:
  1. Don't mess with the leather
  2. Don't mess with the tassels
  3. Don't lose the Auth cards
  4. Don't lose the mirror
  5. When your not using the bag, store it in the Dust Bag!!
If you ever plan (down the road) to sell your bag, try to keep it as close to the original as possible!
:tup:

I'm surprised no one has brought this up -- those stupid WEIGHT DISTRIBUTORS. I think they look really cool, so I leave them on, but when I carry my City by the shoulder strap I always have to slide the weight distributor to the front or back (not the place where it actually touches my shoulder) because if I use it, the bag slides off.

Why would you create a thing that makes your bag LESS functional??? makes no sense.

I hate those damn things on my City shoulder straps too!!! It stays on my shoulder only when the bag is stiff & new. Once they break in, those distributors play a slipping game on me!!! :cursing:

ditto how easily the corners get scuffed up, it's a big deal breaker for me. everytime you use it you seem to lose $100 in value or something!
the darkening of the handles, the scuffing corners.

also, it's quite impractical to use, the double handles which are so short it doesn't sit comfortably on your shoulder, and one handle is always dropping off your shoulder.

i'm going to try a hobo / day bag to see if this makes a difference.

and i only like the old leather, the matte smushiness and great distressing.

but i love them so much regardless...