Your Bag Style

Cate14

I Need More Cowbell
O.G.
Jan 26, 2008
What's your current bag style?

I have been fortunate to own a variety of brands (MK, Coach, LV, Treesje, BV, LV, Gucci, Chanel). Regardless of that, I tend to go with certain styles at certain times.

Right now, I'm leaning towards very stuctured, organized bags--this has translated to: Bottega Veneta montaigne, Coach Sophia, and Chanel Giant Shopping Tote.

At this point, I'm drawn to bags that are medium in size, easy to organize, and relatively open/structured. I'm less inclined to carry logos, so my BV bags are woven (pretty obvious), my Coach bags are leather (Sophia is pleated=scrumptious), and my Chanel bag is quilted, with double Cs applied to the front.

Next week, I'll be back to celebrating hobos!

What about you guys? What's your current bag style?

Generally, I am into satchels and top handles styles. For shoulder bags, I like slouchy hobos the best. My current favourites are the versatile type that can be hand-held OR carried on the shoulder with a long strap. Looks really chic.

Yikkie, I'm with you. I love a hand-held handle plus a long strap. It's a perfect combination! I'm liking that type of bag, plus have recently found myself really falling for washed tumbled leather bags such as those made by OrYANY and Olivia Harris.

ALTHOUGH - because I don't like completely collapsing bags, I like the washed leather bags on the smaller side so they then support themselves, if that makes sense. Perfect example of that is the OyYANY Mini bag, as shown. I love this bag, although it's too small for a lot of people.

attachment.php

Attachments

• chocolate_heather.jpg
    chocolate_heather.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 221
I go through phases:

ATM I like top-handles and/or mini cross-bodies (don't like straps over my nice coats/jackets so chains/straps/strings go under) in summer I like baskets or shoppers but I also have been though a hobo phase and a messenger phase and a ....

I like having them all really ;)