Your 5 beauty must-haves (today)

jennyflies

Jul 4, 2008
Doing my makeup this morning I realized I still use one product I used 20 years ago in high school; thus the inspiration for this post.

What are you 5 beauty MUST-haves today, and what were they 20 years ago (or when you were a senior in high school)?

Today:
Mary Kay MK Signature Eye Primer (cause I look like I have no makeup by 3:00 pm without it)
794200.jpg

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
420MW_xl.jpg

Sheer Cover Foundation (only thing that looks natural and covers)
tn_minerals.jpg

Ambi Fade Cream (only thing that has made my hyperpigmentation budge, and it's like $5 a tube)
415J2879A3L._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Sunscreen
Pd_00416_00_lg.jpg

20 years ago:

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
420MW_xl.jpg

Cover Girl Sheer Lip Gloss in RED
42142735-177x150-0-0_.jpg

Rave #3
RAVE.jpg

Ten-O-Six Cleanser
resize

Spiral Perm Rods
DSR3.jpg

Okay, your turn... what are your 5 must-haves today and 20 years ago?

I am curios why so many peole swear by that mascara, I tried it and within a few hours all these black flecks were all under my eyes, it was awful I threw it out LOL.

My 5 must haves now:

L'Occitane Shea mask
Laura Mericer Concealer
Clinique Almost makeup
Cloverine Salve/And lip gloss
Laura Mercier Eyebrow pencil

As for 20 years ago....hmmm....nothing stands out that I used to use that is no longer around.

I need some time to find photos so that I can post it. Here is something that I use on the ends of my hair and smells really great!
Opalis - "L'Huile" - 30ml bottle
Item 12897

$69.00

Macadamia nut oil, the main ingredient in the formula, is an excellent repairer of hair that is dry, very dry or frizzy. The composition of macadamia nut oil, rich in fatty acids, is very similar to that of sebum, which is vital to healthy hair. "L’Huile" is like a "Band-Aid" for damaged hair, and quickly repairs the effects of daily aggressors or natural dryness. Its vanilla and almond fragrance is a delight.

I am curios why so many peole swear by that mascara, I tried it and within a few hours all these black flecks were all under my eyes, it was awful I threw it out LOL.

That's so funny - I've tried everything and always go back to the good old pink tube! The closest I found was Lash Fusion; it looked great, but I had black circles under my eyes after a night out. That's never happened with the Great Lash.

Now:
-Revlon Colorstay liner in Brown
-Everyday Minerals Original Glo foundation in Sunkissed Fair
-Mario Badescu HA Eye cream
-Napoleon Perdis Blush Patrol
-Ultra black mascara

10+ years ago (20 years ago I was only ~7):
-Estee Lauder Splash Away Cleanser
-Almay lipstick in this brick red color
-Silver or vampy burgundy nail polish
-Clinique foundation that came in a squeezy tube
-Tommy Girl or CK1 perfume

Wow, that was a tougher to answer than I thought it would be! Great thread, though. I can't wait to hear what others say :tup:

Today:
Lancome Effacernes concealer
Makeup Forever Liquid lift Foundation
Neutrogena healthy skin face lotion with spf
MAC Zoomlash mascara
Bonne Bell lipsmacker

20 years ago:
Cover Girl concealer
I wore foundation back then, but can't remember which brand, maybe L'Oreal
L'Oreal eyeshadow...some trio with plum, purple, and bright blue
Blue mascara - can't remember the brand
Bonne bell lipsmacker (some things never change!)

Wow I agree that was hard! For those who are going on almost 30 years of wearing makeup :P I will still say the Bonne Bell lipsmacker...that was the very first makeup thing my mom let me buy with my allowance ;).

Mine haven't changed much in a loooonnnnggg time- ouch! In high school I used an eyelash curler, blush and a little eyeshadow.

Today, however, I need my skin care products, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and my trusty eyelash curler!:smile:

Well 20 years ago I was only 4 years old but I still use Maybelline clear mascara/brow gel that I used back when I was in high school. It's the only thing that keeps them in the right place!

My 5 must-haves are:
Benefit You Rebel Lite tinted moisturizer
Benefit Get Even powder
Benefit Lemon Aid eyelid primer
Chanel Inimitable waterproof mascara
Maybelline clear mascara/brow gel

I was 3 20 years ago so maybe my trusty diaper cream.

Today:
Covergirl Lashblast or Diorshow depending on the look
Aquaphor
WnW blush in pearlescent pink (yep, over my expensive blushes)
Stila smudgepot/gel eyeliner
Chanel glossimers (esp in Pagoda)

Now:

LaRoche Posay Hydraphase Intensive Rehydration UV Moisturizer, SPF 30
Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Restorative Cream Foundation
Revlon Age-Defying Concealer with Botafirm
Olay Anti-wrinkle Night cream
Hmmm, I have a zillion blushes, if forced to pick one, it would be a Cover Girl Cheekers bkush

20 Years ago:

Chanel everything.

(Got tired of spending so much on make-up - rather have a few Birkins or Rolexes, LOL)