Youpi - enabling required!!!

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
Afternoon ladies. I tried a pair of the Youpi shoes in black patent - I loved the shoes but felt they were too high for me. I'm a 36.5 so the pitch was quite steep. I am slightly hesitant as I purchased some Jimmy Choo sandals a while back which are too high - never been worn! I can't straighten my leg properly in those so I've given up fearing injury. The Youpi I could walk in but def not for any great distance! I'm 46 and seem not to be so agile in heels as I used to be. Do you think they are worth getting in the hope I can get used to them? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

since I am in love with the Youpi Pump, if there is any way you think you can handle them, I say get them. I think they are one of the sexist shoes I have ever seen. I just can't seem to find a store that has them.

Could you say where you found them?

Thanks,

Susan

since I am in love with the Youpi Pump, if there is any way you think you can handle them, I say get them. I think they are one of the sexist shoes I have ever seen. I just can't seem to find a store that has them.

Could you say where you found them?

Thanks,

Susan

I found them at the Louboutin boutique in Harvey Nichols in Manchester. They are really lovely to look at but not very comfy! With every passing year my tolerance for high heels is diminishing unfortunately.

I think the youpi is one of the sexiest shoes he's ever done. That said, I'm like Bambi on ice wearing 120's with no platform, and as I don't really have a lot of occasions to wear heels as it is, I've gone more recently in favor of wearability.. (My 140's are just sitting in their box.. :sad: ) but I do own a pair of the flo, and although they have slightly less of the sex appeal, they do have a small platform which makes them more manageable for me. I believe it's a 10mm platform, making it a 110mm pitch? It's my personal favorite peep toe that he's done.

But if you have your heart set on the youpis, I say get 'em!! Even though I don't get a lot of wear out of my 140's, I still get a lot of joy in putting them on and prancing around the house!

I think the youpi is one of the sexiest shoes he's ever done. That said, I'm like Bambi on ice wearing 120's with no platform, and as I don't really have a lot of occasions to wear heels as it is, I've gone more recently in favor of wearability.. (My 140's are just sitting in their box.. :sad: ) but I do own a pair of the flo, and although they have slightly less of the sex appeal, they do have a small platform which makes them more manageable for me. I believe it's a 10mm platform, making it a 110mm pitch? It's my personal favorite peep toe that he's done.

But if you have your heart set on the youpis, I say get 'em!! Even though I don't get a lot of wear out of my 140's, I still get a lot of joy in putting them on and prancing around the house!

:yes: I totally agree with you!

:P

:yes: I totally agree with you!

Thanks for taking the time to offer your thoughts. I live in another town but by chance I am in Manchester again this weekend - I will go back and try the shoes again and also see if they have the Flo style in stock :smile:

Afternoon ladies. I tried a pair of the Youpi shoes in black patent - I loved the shoes but felt they were too high for me. I'm a 36.5 so the pitch was quite steep. I am slightly hesitant as I purchased some Jimmy Choo sandals a while back which are too high - never been worn! I can't straighten my leg properly in those so I've given up fearing injury. The Youpi I could walk in but def not for any great distance! I'm 46 and seem not to be so agile in heels as I used to be. Do you think they are worth getting in the hope I can get used to them? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
120s are definitely car - dinner/cinema, etc , ”mostly sitting” shoes. I wear high heels all the time, but 120 without platform are a challenge for me when I have to to walk/stand in them for longer than 2-3 hours. I`d say you should buy them only if you think you can enjoy them :smile:

120s are definitely car - dinner/cinema, etc , ”mostly sitting” shoes. I wear high heels all the time, but 120 without platform are a challenge for me when I have to to walk/stand in them for longer than 2-3 hours. I`d say you should buy them only if you think you can enjoy them :smile:

Very sensible advice! Sore feet make you miserable that is a fact. I just purchased two pairs of Jimmy Choo's - both 100 mm heel and they are very comfortable. My boyfriend is totally baffled that I wish to also buy the shoes which are less comfortable :smile:

I love the Youpi so much, it's the back-half of SoKate with a peeptoe in front, I find it so very sexy, one of the top 5 sexiest shoes he has ever made. Unfortunately I need a 41.5 which never came to Europe and only a very limited quantity in Saks USA afaik, so I'm feeling the "loss" very very much. Biased like this, I say if you find them in your size and they look good on you, get them. We only live once, no matter what age. 120s are mostly sitting-down-looking-pretty shoes anyway and I don't think someone should expect us to walk any distance at all on our loubis :biggrin: