You'll probably think I'm crazy for letting go of a Raisin but...

SomethingWitty

b happy
Jul 29, 2009
... but when I saw the Pourpre IRL, my heart literally skipped a beat. It was :heart: at first sight!

IMG_5604.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I think Raisin is a beautiful color. In fact I've been waiting for a long time to find me a perfect Raisin GSH City. But when I finally got her, for some reason she just didn't wow me like I thought she would. Initially I thought it's just some kind of reverse HG syndrome and that if I look at her more, she'll soon grow on me. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Then I saw a Pourpre and was immediately taken by how gorgeous that color is IRL. I knew right away that I HAVE TO have a Pourpre! I wanted a RH City originally but then found a GSH City - and she is beyond gorgeous!

I think Raisin might be more photogenic, but Pourpre to me is much prettier IRL. It's the right kind of red for me - deeply saturated with lovely wine/berry undertone. And the leather is thicker, squishier & yummier too! I haven't been able to stop staring at her since she arrived.

So without further ado, here's my new love... :love:

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5599.jpg

Hello.

IMG_5602.jpg

And goodbye.

IMG_5601.jpg

IMG_5603.jpg

I actually don't think you're crazy, I was really torn between pourpre and raisin. I went to buy raisin and was blown away when I saw pourpre IRL, they didn't have what I wanted in pourpre at the time, so I bougt raisin, but I kept thinking about pourpre for a long time afterwards. I now have a CP, which I really love.

Congrats on your beauty, I agree it's the perfect red!

How sad that you have to let go of Raisin but I understand ... Pourpre is just stunning! And you got a seriously gorgeous one, yum!
So enjoy this new baby.

Congrats on your Poupre SGH!!! totally gorgeous. and even though raisin is also an amazing color, I think what matters most is how the bag captures you and not how great the color is in "theory" (I'm totally like that... a lot of times I feel like I'm in love with a certain bag for the design/color but in the end it's just not for me). So you're not crazy at all! And it's one of the greatest feeling to find something that literally stops your heart!!!

ETA: btw the leather looks amazing!

ah, too bad you can't keep both since they are equally beautiful! but I do agree, that pourpre is really something! I will be my next bag too. hopefully. yours is amazing!