You wont believe this...

Donna.west44

Aug 19, 2012
I had ordered a tan taylor (my most wanted desprately seeking bag) last wednesday from mulberry white city wednesday, i tracked it on ups today and it said delivered to peacock....well my surname isnt peacock!
A trek through the snow later it had been delivered to a90 year olds house, mulberry had changed my address from the mail order sheet to the computer and ups forced this poor lady to take the bag. When she told the driver she hadnt ordered a bag he ripped open the box and told her she had to have it.....

Ive called mulberry and the manager of the store (who it appears transferred my address wrong, house number and street) is going to call me tomorrow.
The poor lady said she had been scared whose bag it was and if they would charge her and the delivery driver opened the box and said she had to sign for it...

Have you ever heard pf anythin like it - im shocked stunned and disgusted!

Somersetlove said:
That is appalling. I hope Mulberry take that seriously with UPS and don't brush it under the carpet.

Im going to call them tomorrow and complain direct to them too and write to them. I cant get over him ripping open the box and forcing a 90 year old whose name os clearly different to sign for it. Mulberry also have some serious answering to do as on the mail order sheet the address is correct as the lady i spoke to at mulberry confirmed it and then confirmed how wrong it was on their computer, so someone at mulberry has made a big mistake when transferring the details. The more i think about it the crosser im getting at ups bullying a 90 year old!

Totally speechless!!! That poor old lady must have been terrified! You must be really cheesed off with the whole scenario! That is really unprofessional of the UPS person. Sometimes we have problems with couriers as we live in a block of flats so the post code only recognises the street and not the number of the block. Not sure how they would manage to get a completely different address though. Doesn't excuse the delivery chaps service with a snarl in any case. Really awful story but very glad you have the bag and that the poor old lady had someone nice to speak to and explain the situation. It makes you realise how vulnerable the elderly can be.

Im going to call them tomorrow and complain direct to them too and write to them. I cant get over him ripping open the box and forcing a 90 year old whose name os clearly different to sign for it. Mulberry also have some serious answering to do as on the mail order sheet the address is correct as the lady i spoke to at mulberry confirmed it and then confirmed how wrong it was on their computer, so someone at mulberry has made a big mistake when transferring the details. The more i think about it the crosser im getting at ups bullying a 90 year old!

When I ordered over the phone from them, my address was wrong as well, I was surprised it turned up okay. My name, road name and area name were all wrong on the label. :tdown:

Donna.west44 said:
Spoke to mulberry today and they are writing to apologise to the 90 year old lady who was forced to take it and are sending me a gift....to say sorry! I wonder what it'll be!

Hoping for a happy ending to this sorry tale - and excited for you! A Mulberry freebie :smile:

I had ordered a tan taylor (my most wanted desprately seeking bag) last wednesday from mulberry white city wednesday, i tracked it on ups today and it said delivered to peacock....well my surname isnt peacock!
A trek through the snow later it had been delivered to a90 year olds house, mulberry had changed my address from the mail order sheet to the computer and ups forced this poor lady to take the bag. When she told the driver she hadnt ordered a bag he ripped open the box and told her she had to have it.....

Ive called mulberry and the manager of the store (who it appears transferred my address wrong, house number and street) is going to call me tomorrow.
The poor lady said she had been scared whose bag it was and if they would charge her and the delivery driver opened the box and said she had to sign for it...

Shocking! Poor lady :shocked:

I bet you were in a panic too:panic:

Glad it's being resolved.. Now switching channels to the reveal... 'live' !!

I've only just seen this, Donna and I'm absolutely horrified! I hope ups take him to task royally over this. He's jolly lucky she didn't have a coronary on the doorstep! Surely they have a procedure for this kind of thing, even if it's only returning it to the depot? And what an incompetent nincompoop that "manager" is! I hope they send a % of his wages to the poor lady, along with a massive bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates (without making her sign for them this time!!) I'm speechless (for once!) ...

Mayfly285 said:
I've only just seen this, Donna and I'm absolutely horrified! I hope ups take him to task royally over this. He's jolly lucky she didn't have a coronary on the doorstep! Surely they have a procedure for this kind of thing, even if it's only returning it to the depot? And what an incompetent nincompoop that "manager" is! I hope they send a % of his wages to the poor lady, along with a massive bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates (without making her sign for them this time!!) I'm speechless (for once!) ...

I was equally as speechless, mulberry were very apologetic as they'd got the address so wrong when transferring from their order form to pc. I havent heard anything back from ups yet.... Im going to take her flowers at the weekend to say thank you and sorry it happened to her, the poor lady.