You won't believe this! MJ dress for 1cent

legibet

O.G.
Jul 12, 2007
I just read a posting in another site that somebody bought a Marc Jacobs dress (Retail $998, from 2008 s/s season) at 1 cent in bloomingdales.
Then another posted that she also bought a MJ T-shirt (Retail $198) and JOY blouse (Retail $159) at just 2 cents in Bloomingdales.

Can't believe it....I should check Bloomingdales this weekend.

marcdress.jpg

I just read a posting in another site that somebody bought a Marc Jacobs dress (Retail $998, from 2008 s/s season) at 1 cent in bloomingdales.
Then another posted that she also bought a MJ T-shirt (Retail $198) and JOY blouse (Retail $159) at just 2 cents in Bloomingdales.

Can't believe it....I should check Bloomingdales this weekend.

View attachment 527883

How did she find this?! Do the tags really say 1 cent? :confused1:

I remember my friend telling me how she got $.01 seven jeans last year too, of course that's not the same a MJ dress but she was ecstatic! I hope I can find some time to stop by Bloomie's this weekend. :s

Are these salvage items in a certain section of the store? How can you tell which are salvage items? 'Cuz that's an amazing deal!

They're supposed to pulled off the floor. If a customer find it, they have to be told it can not be sold unless they really want it. Then they get 40% off the lowest marked price. (that's how it works at macy's) If someone actually sells a 1 cent item, they get in trouble with LP. They usually end up on the floor if a customer returns somethig old, the associate doesn't check it out and it ends up on the floor. It should work like that at bloomies because they're owned by macy's. I see 1 cent things at work all the time!

They're supposed to pulled off the floor. If a customer find it, they have to be told it can not be sold unless they really want it. Then they get 40% off the lowest marked price. (that's how it works at macy's) If someone actually sells a 1 cent item, they get in trouble with LP. They usually end up on the floor if a customer returns somethig old, the associate doesn't check it out and it ends up on the floor. It should work like that at bloomies because they're owned by macy's. I see 1 cent things at work all the time!

This happened to me a couple times at Bloomies in the men's dept. One time they sold me the men's shirt for 1 penny. The other time they said that they cannot sell it to me since it should not be on the floor and they offered me 40% off the lowest price. They are usually returns that are not checked and put out on the floor.
Honestly, don't think that you can go to Bloomies and scour the racks to find things marked at 1 penny. It could only happen if it is an item that is past season and happens to find it's way to the sales floor and you happen to find it. I also think it is just luck...