You never know who you will meet at the grocery store!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Earlier this week I had loaded up my black crinkle-patent Kristin Pleated Satchel because the Weatherman had predicted a rainy week - but that never happened, the weather was gorgeous this week! But I enjoyed carrying my KPS anyway!

I was in the supermarket yesterday. I draped plastic bags from the produce section all over the "child seat" before carefully settling my bag in the cart. And I kept the long strap wrapped around my left hand while I was shopping.

But I was rather surprised when a strange woman suddently came up to me and said "I just have to tell you that I absolutely love your bag!" I thanked her and prepared to move on but she couldn't stop talking about "that gorgeous bag!" She wanted to know the name of the maker and style? I told her that it was a "Coach Kristin Pleated Satchel."

She asked me "when did you buy it and did you get it at the Coach store in Oak Brook Mall?" I think that if I had told her "Yes, I bought it there recently" she probably would have abandoned her cart to hurry out of the market to drive to the boutique!

But I told her that I "got it at the outlet in January or February." She told me that she has a black patent Coach that she had also bought at the outlet, but that she "liked my bag better!" She is not a "strict Coachie" she just loves bags. She told me that she had recently bought 4 bags at the Nordstrom half-yearly sale. Then she wanted to know "Is it very heavy?" and I told her that "I don't think so, it's a major bag - but I have heavier bags."

She didn't touch my bag (which I appreciated) but she timidly asked "Can I see the inside? I promise I'm not a thief!" I can recognize a fellow "bag addict" when I meet one so I just laughed and unzipped the bag and let her see the inside; of course she went into raptures over the "beautiful blue lining!"

She was just carrying a wristlet of some kind, so I couldn't do much to return the compliment and we finally went on our separate ways; but it was a pleasant encounter that had me smiling while I completed the mundane task of grocery shopping! And I have a feeling that when she was done, she went straight home and started searching to buy the same bag! :graucho:

[​IMG]

2. I have the exact same bag..but i do think it's heavy. I just carry it 2-3 times since i bought it early this year..

3. Well, I can see why it attacted her! It's gorgeous! I've never seen that style in black patent before!!!

4. Awww, thanks for sharing.... what a great story ~ Just as it made you smile, I'm still sitting here smiling, just reading it! Love your black crinkle patent Kristin - thanks for posting the pic again - now I want one!

5. You know, I've done a lot in the last couple of months to "lighten the load" with all of my bags. I used to carry a whole lot of stuff, including a heavy checkbook wallet, a medium cosmetic bag (stuffed with make-up) a second cosmetic bag loaded with coupons, and a major key fob with lots of stuff attached to it, and more!

I used to drive everywhere and usually didn't have to carry my bag very far so that was okay; but the location of my job changed recently and now I spend a lot of time walking to and from commuter train stations, so I had to make some changes.

I got a rolling business bag for my laptop, shoes, lunch, umbrella, files, ipod, etc. And I keep a hefty makeup bag at work and only a few basic makeup items in a small zip case inside my purse. I am also carrying a lighter wallet with a lot less stuff inside of it.

I keep a large wristlet stashed in my car that is stuffed with coupons and items that I will probably only need when I am driving (like the "preferred card" for the supermarket.)

I also downsized my heavy key fob for a Coach Amanda fob and 2 or 3 keys. The whole transition has been a big change for me (in lots of ways, not just regarding my bags) but I find that by making some changes I am still able to enjoy many of my bags. I will never use my heaviest bags for the commute (teal sydney, for example) but my black patent KPS works just fine!

6. It's a beautiful bag, so pretty and eye catching! I had to laugh about you lining the shopping cart with bags before placing your purse there. I thought I was the only one that did that! Thanks for sharing your fun story, granny

7. About a month ago there was a woman at my supermarket with this bag in the plum color - it was gorgeous! I didn't talk to her, but I did stalk her a bit in the produce section (no pun intended:P), so I could get a better look at it.
    The patent is beautiful, I would follow your bag around also!

8. I've loved this bag from the moment you revealed her, esp with that bunny fob! OMG, I loved your story. It is interesting how many women just are drawn to Coach. I find it so fun to discuss my bags when others ask. I hope you had fun! Thanks for sharing!

9. That is a GORGEOUS bag!!!!

10. That's where I was when I had my encounter! I was in produce, just checking out the veggies! I guess that's where the "stalkers" hang out! :roflmfao:

It is a pretty style bag. I was also very attracted to it in gray and in dark green leather, but I have read comments that the leather version of this bag has a tendency to get limp and collapse, has anyone had that experience?

I guess that the patent is stiffer and more structured. It has softend up with wear and she does slouch a bit when I set her down; but she basically keeps her shape pretty well. I hate bags that turn into a puddle!

This is my first patent Coach bag but I like it a lot and I don't have to worry about getting caught in the rain. And the crinkle patent is nice because it doesn't show smudges and fingerprints.

11. I'm not my setting one of my beautiful bags in the shopping cart without protection, ewww! I guess I'm a bit germ-a-phobic, so public transportation is quite a big adjustment for me!

12. I picked this bag up in the outlet earlier in the year as well. I snagged it just before I had to go out of town to a conference and justified it because I needed a 'classy, professional looking bag', lol. I love it!! It does get really heavy really fast though.

13. True, it is much easier to carry now that I am so careful about the weight of the contents of my bag.

14. I had the Kristin Pleated Satchel in black (smooth leather)way back when and I returned her and I have regretted that ever since...:shame:

Love your patent pleated!

15. I did, thanks! Grocery shopping is usually "just another chore" but meeting a "bag-soulmate" made it a lot more enjoyable!