You need a Longchamp Le Pliage, if only to protect your other bags

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Are you on Twitter? I am. So is PurseBlog as a whole. If not, you should really try it – it’s not nearly as navel-gazing as I thought it would be, and sometimes you learn things.

Also, sometimes you get ideas for posts (and when I say “you,” I clearly mean “me.”). Donna Karan’s anonymous PR girl is one of the fashion folks I follow on the microblogging site, and yesterday she posted about being caught in the rain in Manhattan. Lucky for her, she always stows an extra tote in the bottom of her handbag to cover her purse in the event of inclement weather, and that reminded me: I should be taking my Longchamp Le Pliage Large Tote everywhere I go.

[​IMG]

One of the best things about Longchamp’s Le Pliage totes is that they fold and snap to a fraction of their actual size – only the flexible straps stick out, which aren’t difficult to tuck in when you put the bag in your purse. You could go with a less expensive option, of course, but the things that make the Le Pliage key as a bag protector are the top zipper and water-resistant material. What’s the use in carrying an extra tote if it’s just going to let water in? Buy through Nordstrom for $145.

View the original post on PurseBlog Savvy!

2. Because most of my bags are plenty water-resistent enough (at least after I treat them myself), I don't even bother shielding them, and they look and feel absolutely fine after surviving downpours.

A big, sturdy plastic trash bag all tied up would work perfectly for me if I needed protection for my other bags. As for looks, I don't care enough about the Le Pliage to pay a dime on it.

3. I am one of those people who got caught up in the hype about the Le Pliage. I regret spending that amount of money for that bag ever since. Thought it was way overpriced considering its lack of functionality and organization inside.

4. I hVe the Eiffel tower one and love it!

5. It's a great bag and I use it for travel all the time but I don't think I would buy one just to "guard" my other bag...

6. Would anyone know any limited ed Longchamp coming up before the end of the year?

7. Longchamp Le Pliage is very sturdy and really practical.

8. You need a Longchamp Le Pliage, if only to protect your other bags - this would be the only reason I would by the Le Pliage...

9. Never have been able to figure out the Longchamp love.

10. have a LC and use it like my throw-around bag. and it's a good idea to use to protect your other bags

11. These bags are GREAT for rainy weather. They're durable and hold a lot. I love mine!

12. I love my Le Pliage, but I wouldn't buy it for the express purpose of protecting another bag. I use my LP like a normal casual tote.

(For waterproofing, I use a plastic shopping bag tied in a knot on top so no water gets in....:lol:)

13. Everyone needs at least one LC Pliage :nuts::smile:;)

14. The popularity of Le Pliage bags is as much a mystery to me as the asymmetry of matter and antimatter in the universe is to astrophysicists.

15. I don't live anywhere that would require a bag protector, but it is a fabulous school tote that doesn't look like a school bag!