You Love the Bag...But Not on You???

1. I am now so torn. With some effort, I located and received a really nice rouille Balenciaga city bag. I got dressed today with what I imagined I would wear the bag with...and...it just didn't work for me. I put rouille away and brought my black back out... I love the color, but not so much on me... It reminded me so much of the F05 caramel...I loved it, but not on... I may just have to accept that I am a "dark color bag girl"...the experience made me want to run to my closet to retrieve my dark chocolate spy or run to BV to pick up a large woven hobo...

Do you like a bag...but not on you? What do you do?

2. Happened very often. If I don't like a bag on me, I would return it right away. =)

3. I have the same problem Socal!....if you've seen my bag showcase 80% of my bags are black/dark. Someone told me that I was a autumm/warmtone on the color palette? I really love to have a cornflower or mandarin colored bag but, it just doesn't flatter me at all!
    If you can, definitely return...otherwise it'll just sit in your closet.

4. Thanks Baglover, Pursemama... I tried again this afternoon...I think I will return... Ramona, I am back...

5. Awww I'm sorry you feel that way, after buying two of them to compare :Push: Still, I agree, be true to yourself :yes: BV bags are just as lovely anyway :love: Go get one :graucho:

6. Yes Socal! I have the same problem! Most of my bags are black or dark colors. Whenever I search for a different color bag I feel that it's a waste of money because I feel that I won't be using that color often. So I always get black or a neutral color. A different color bag just looks better on somone else.

7. I have a love/hate relationship with the Fendi Spy. I absolutely love the look of the Spy in all the colors .... cognac, brown, black, petrol, honey, hologram, metallic gold/silver ..... I even ordered a honey Spy and carried it one night. I just didn't like the way it looked on me. I returned it. I was at a Fendi store a few weeks ago and tried on the hologram Spy. I almost bought it but when I looked at myself in the mirror it just didn't look right ... erm ... good ... on me that is. The bag ... gorgeous ... on me ... a train wreck. I am not giving up though. I'm hoping one of these days it will come in a color that makes it look good on me. *keeping fingers crossed*

8. I have "issues" with the spy as well...I love how it looks...and I wish I could carry it on my shoulder more effectively...it looks great when others do...

9. I loved the chamois edith and on me, it made me look even more washed out. I had been looking so forward to this bag for months and was totally heartbroken. But you know what, there will be another bag, in another color. Especially with B-bags! So I would return them if they don't work for you and wait for the special color that you do like on you.

10. I think the problem might actually be what you normally wear. If only certain colored bags look good on you, it may be because your clothing is a certain palette that compliments those particular colored bags....

I'm sure there are certain bags that don't look as good on me (based on my coloring) than other bags, but I still use them. I experiment a lot with clothing and colors and certain colors of clothing look better with certain bag accent colors. I will work my outfit around a specific bag. So, no, I don't think I've ever really had this problem....

11. SoCal - proceed with caution! I've seen the pics of your rouille and it is flawless. I have a feeling it will become one of those mythical bbags - you know like a seafoam. Think long and hard and try different outfits.

12. Shoegal...That is my "other" problem...it is a gorgeous bag and I do not want to have "return regrets"...I will try again today and see what happens...well, I have 30, no, 27 days to decide...

I went to NM NB yesterday to take a shopping "look" (look at other bags to see if there is another I would rather have)...nothing caught my eye in a "serious" way...will check out SCP in the next couple days...

I seem to enjoy the "quest"...

Thanks all!

13. Yep, that happens to everyone I think. I loved my ink twiggy, loved the leather, the color, everything about it. Except the size. I just could not get over it, no matter how hard I tried.

No reason to keep a bag that doesn't work for you. Sell or return it, and move on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice