You know you're a true LV lover when...

Jul 18, 2011
So today I was trying to buy a pre-loved LV wallet and had to explain to the seller what the heat stamp was and what the date code was...I sent her pictures and links to explain the date code, heat stamp, etc!! haha Have you guys ever done anything like this?! Or am I the only crazy one? :P

Post funny online stories like mine! I'd love to hear them!!

So today I was trying to buy a pre-loved LV wallet and had to explain to the seller what the heat stamp was and what the date code was...I sent her pictures and links to explain the date code, heat stamp, etc!! haha Have you guys ever done anything like this?! Or am I the only crazy one? :P

Post funny online stories like mine! I'd love to hear them!!

I have made that 'mistake' before, of helping out a couple of random sellers who didn't really know how to determine authenticity... that started 3 years ago and I STILL get e-mails from a few sellers asking me to look at their auctions and see if anything is missing etc... haha! And now from various buyers of my past items too. Even if they're not looking at MY items they will still ask through e-mail if I mind looking at others for them to make sure they're not getting screwed *sigh* But I do think it's good to educate people! So I don't really mind. I swear if I could turn looking at LV's into a job.... I KNOW I'd be richer lol!

You know it's bad too, when you can pronounce the names of bags more accurately than your SA can. :smile:

I was buying the ebene Eva from an SA who had only been working there for a month. While he was showing it to me, another customer walked up and asked , "how much is that bag was on the top shelf?". He looked kind of confused so my best friend said, "It's the Hampstead" then the SA said it costs "$$$$" and looked at my friend and asked." Am I right?"

I think my friend has memorized the entire website.

I have often gone into my LV and told them about new bags and their release dates. We always get info before they do. I also went in recently and asked to see the "speedy b" and they looked at me like I have two heads. So when I corrected myself and said the full name, she OH is that what the call it on THE FORUM! She wants me to stop hanging out here.....but it keeps me in there

Every time I'm out, all I spot is LV. I dn't pay attention to anything other designers. Also, when I have to show the assistant manager at the boutique where to find the date code. Love n hate relationship going on with tpf..haha it educates me about LV but makes me want to buy everything I see on here.

Every time I'm out, all I spot is LV. I dn't pay attention to anything other designers. Also, when I have to show the assistant manager at the boutique where to find the date code. Love n hate relationship going on with tpf..haha it educates me about LV but makes me want to buy everything I see on here.

I feel the same way its like I have LV blinders on! haha tpf so enables my addiction!! I see what other people are getting and I want on too! :P

I have often gone into my LV and told them about new bags and their release dates. We always get info before they do. I also went in recently and asked to see the "speedy b" and they looked at me like I have two heads. So when I corrected myself and said the full name, she OH is that what the call it on THE FORUM! She wants me to stop hanging out here.....but it keeps me in there

I know I mentioned THE FORUM the other day to my SA and she looked at me like I was crazy! I asked if she had heard of the forum and she said Oh yes and then that was it! haha I guess they aren't too fond of it!

I was buying the ebene Eva from an SA who had only been working there for a month. While he was showing it to me, another customer walked up and asked , "how much is that bag was on the top shelf?". He looked kind of confused so my best friend said, "It's the Hampstead" then the SA said it costs "$$$$" and looked at my friend and asked." Am I right?"

I think my friend has memorized the entire website.

:lol: My SA just today jokingly said..."Let me know what's coming in new..since I work here and need to know"...
She just laughs about it.

:lol: My SA just today jokingly said..."Let me know what's coming in new..since I work here and need to know"...
She just laughs about it.

:lolots::lolots:

My husband always jokes that I know way too much about LV. I asked him if he thinks I should get a job there - he said, "sure! you can do some VOLUNTEER work!"