you know who you are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Court811 as I don't want a massive Collection. I just have around 10 bags which I really use. I did sell alot of my previous bags to buy new ones. I usually only by large purchases during the PCE. I save up my money for it and don't have any debt except for my home mortgage. I sometime buy during the PCE to see the new stuff but realize that I don't like it and return half of it. Here is what I have in my rotating collection presently.

White Ali
Whiskey Ali
Legacy Hippie Bag Whiskey
Legacy shoulder bag pond
Legacy shoulder Flap clay
Legacy Leigh bag citron - will switch to raisin or return
Ergo Vintage Tote
Ergo Vintage hobo
Ergo Patent Mahogany Hobo
Ergo Patent red tote
Ergo Saddle Hobo 9228 from 2002
Ergo Tan Hobo 9227 from 2002
Ergo Black Crescent Bag from 2002

That's twelve bags. I do think that each one serves a purpose. That totals ten bags that I purchased this year and they are all paid for. I am sure now that I have a pretty solid collection I will most likely scale back on my purchases.

well, honestly, if I could do it, I would! If I didn't have to hide my bags under the bed, I would do it! :smile: I had a diaper bag obsession that has turned into a purse obsession, although I can't do it the way I did it with diaper bags because my husband caught on! I LOVE seeing everyone's bags--they inspire me to figure out how to get that particular bag, lol! did you know that milk in pittsburgh is like $25 a gallon? and I buy a lot of milk! just check my checkbook! ;P

Ammy

I'm finding this thread very interesting! I too have often wondered how others do it (cuz if I could, I surely would!) but I don't judge.

I have a very small collection; a Soho signature small flap (all sig, no leather buckle) that I adore, a Legacy flap shoulder bag, punch swing pack and wristlet, a Murphy bag, and two others on ebay or going back. Plus skinnies to match everything and a couple charms.

All of mine except for the swing pack have been bought on ebay, and I think that's the only way I can wing it. I've found my collection continually revolves and I usually swipe up good deals to resell too. It's all in the thrill of getting a good deal for me I guess, whether I use it myself or not, lol.

I buy when I can, pay my bills first and whatever's left is mine.

I hope I do not fall into this category. :sad:I think since I started posting on tPF I have bought quite a few items, but a lot of them were from Ebay and a good bit of them have been returned or exchanged. I think I had to get the excitement and obsession out of my system and have now settled down and KNOW what styles/colors, etc. I like and which ones will last me a long time. I have bought/sold/traded/exchanged/returned. It's been crazy, but I am SATISFIED!! (Although tonight's purchase was just too good to pass up since I already had to return the Ergo Wristlet and my defective Umbrella, plus the PCE discount still counts!! WHO could pass it up!?!?):P
SO...right now, in my possession I own:
  • Turquoise Ergo Tote (PCE)
  • Sig Stripe Swingpack (white) (Mother's Day Gift)
  • Sig Stripe Mini Skinny (white) Mother's Day Gift)
  • Sig Stripe Wristlet (Punch) (my first OFFICIAL Coach Purchase)
  • Legacy Kh/Eb Sig Pocket Mini Skinny (bought to go w/my Shoulder Zip that I just sold to afford my PCE purchase; sold my Carly, too)
  • Scribble Beauty Case (PCE - only $33!!)
  • A couple of charms/keyfobs
  • Sm Red Leather Hobo (super deal)
  • Chelsea Sig Small Flap (as of tonight, PCE)
So....I hope that clears ME!!! ;)
too funny ! I was wondering if people buy and return and stuff. I have a friend who does that all the time and it is funny because it is like a hobby, buying and then returning ! I totally don't think there is anything wrong with it, I was cracking up when I posted this thread so it was meant to be lighthearted ! I love looking at all the stuff and wonder how I can do it too ! Believe me I am just as obsessed !

When DH says the money is there after savings & bills he OK's my purchase. If it's a very expensive bag, I wait for a special occasion. No debt here & not accumulating any for purses! Although, he does agree that this forum is enabling my purse obsession!

haha i wish i could buy bags everyday. i buy a new bag approximately once a month or once every other month.

I have five COach bags which is an average of one per month since I started buying Coach (February). I hope I don't fall into the category of having something new every day. I do go through spurts-- like this week I've gotten two new bags (albeit my bags are heavily discounted because I work at the boutique). If I didn't work at the boutique I'd buy maybe 3 a year because I simply couldn't afford 'em. My total for my two new bags this week was $275, I don't think that's too bad... I hope...

That being said, I do love all the eye candy on here, and I have a lot of bag envy for you ladies, but in a good way!

In the beginning (back in November 06) when I first got hooked on Coach, I bought like crazy. I think I spent that time learning what I really liked and what worked for me. I at one time owned 15 bags! But then I realized that I couldn't use them all, I didn't love them all and they were taking up space for no real reason. I have scaled my collection down to 5 bags. I have decided not to buy more now because I have other things to take care of first. I'm hoping that I will start getting regular PCE invitations because then I'd save up for each event and only buy then. We'll see how that goes! With prices on the rise, I'm considering only buying if I can purchase with a discount. Or on ebay. I am happy for others when they purchase new things! I know how exciting that is to get something new and fun whether it's every day or once a month or even annually!

okay this has gone too far. there is no need to justify what you have purchased or even show that you can afford it. this is a place where a bunch of people from different walks of life come to share the same love of coach. what business is it of mine or anyone else how you afford to buy things daily? lets just enjoy what we all come here to enjoy without having to explain how we can afford it or justifying the number of bags we have.

I know I certainly dont fall into the catagory of buying everyday. I would definitely buy more if I could but being as that Im a SAHM my DHs income is all we have so it its reasonable price and we have some extra $ I buy. I currently own 4 bags (3 were gifts, 1 an outlet purchase) 2 wallets (1 a gift, 1 a pce buy) Sunnies, 3 key fobs (1 outlet 2 gifts), 2 scarves (1 outlet, 1 gift). I say more power to those that can buy what they want when they want we just arent in that stage of life yet.

I've been pretty bad. I joined tpf in April with a modest collection, and now i've gone kind of psycho. I'm getting weird looks and comments from co-workers and family members whenever I have a new bag these days (and honestly I feel a little guilty because I am one of the few people I know that can afford to carry designer bags). But I justify my purchases by saying that I don't believe I've paid full price for anything i've bought in the past few months, give or take a few keyfobs/accesories. It's all been outlet shopping, ebaying, and PCE. I've also returned quite a few things I didn't like and replaced with new and i've sold a few things. After PCE and July 4th outlet sale (hopefully there is one) are over my shopping will probably die down too because there isn't too much coming out that I want now...and my wallet is about to collapse. :P

I was just wondering if these are things people buy all the time and keep or just don't post when they return because it seems like a few tpf post a new bag every day and it seems impossible to me to be buying coach every day. That is all I was wondering that it could appear that someone is buying a bag each day but really buying, posting then returning just to get other people's opinions.

I'm not sure I understand why this was all started in the first place

we have all sorts of people here, teenagers whose parents buy them stuff, single women who buy all of their own stuff, SAHM's who rely on their husbands income but make that sacrifice to be at home with their kids, DINK's who have plenty of disposable income, married women with no kids whose husbands give them whatever they want, etc etc etc

WHO CARES where any of us get our money. If I wanted to spend every penny of dispsable income I had on Coach, that's my business and DH's business, no one elses. WHO CARES if people are buying lots of stuff, then taking it all back. It's just not our business

None of us should have to justify our purchases on here. It's no ones business, I feel like almost every post on here has been people justifying themselves, which is nice but so unnecessary.

Keep buying what you love, keep posting pics of every item, and keep letting us all tell you how great it is!

It's tpf love at it's finest and it makes us happy, what's not to love?

Status
Not open for further replies.