You know what really grinds my gears...

^^When I see on the news animals that have been neglected or abused, I always want to a)save them all b) seriously hurt whoever did it and c) cry.

Me too! At least make the punishment fit the crime!

Interesting and useless fact:The worst serial killers know today, all started with tourturing and killing animals. Makes you wonder that if we had any laws to imprision people for doing this it might have made or could make a difference to stop them to ever even moving up to people.

I especially love dogs I also hate it that I can't save them or bring them all home!. Although hubby has been very understanding of me bringing home tons of strays, taking them all to the vet and then finding homes for them.

Inky Paws said:

Interesting and useless fact:The worst serial killers know today, all started with tourturing and killing animals. Makes you wonder that if we had any laws to imprision people for doing this it might have made or could make a difference to stop them to ever even moving up to people.

I especially love dogs I also hate it that I can't save them or bring them all home!. Although hubby has been very understanding of me bringing home tons of strays, taking them all to the vet and then finding homes for them.

people being cruel to animals makes me so much more mad than people being cruel to other people. i don't know why, maybe it shouldn't be like that, but it's the honest truth. i have a year-old english bulldog, and i read in the paper that someone had their bulldog stolen from them in north atlanta on the way to a dog show and that if they didn't find it and give it it's breathing medication, then it would die, and it just made me so incredibly sad. the dog is suffering needlessly because of the greed of humans.

i eat meat, though. maybe i'm a hypocrite.

Inky Paws said:

The police keep track of all aspects of animal abuse - partially because of the serial killer connection. My husband is a mailman and someone threw out an old sick cat on his route, in the middle of February. He called me and I took the cat to the vet and even though he was at death's door, our amazing vet cured him. (it cost a bundle but it was worth it - called him our $500.00 domestic short hair!) Anyway the cat lived for another 3 years and ruled the house.

The police (and FBI) tracked down my husband at work and had him fill out all sorts of paperwork to keep a file on our cat. The car that tossed him, how sick or hurt he was, time of day...everything to keep in a file - just in case. So they take the abuse very, very seriously. All serial killers have abused animals (but not all abusers are serial killers - although I would put them in the same class.)

you know what else grinds my gears...

People who decide to use an awful situation, like a natural disaster, to take advantage of other people. Don't even get me started right now

I have a rant..... and I need to vent. Why the heck do women get so catty!?!?!?!!!! Haha... I do realize I am talking to a bunch of ladies, but do all women get catty- and what is the purpose of it?!

Megs said:
I have a rant..... and I need to vent. Why the heck do women get so catty!?!?!?!!!! Haha... I do realize I am talking to a bunch of ladies, but do all women get catty- and what is the purpose of it?!

Maybe it's just in the way that women assert themselves when they feel like they are in competition ?

Hey, at least we don't try to beat each other up.. often ! :lol:

Megs said:

they thrive on drama thats why lol

I try to keep company with supportive, thoughtful girl friends. I really don't like even a modicum of distrust or drama with good pals. Been there in high school and very done with that.

I think some women are all about exclusions, be it looks, material goods, friendships, men. We all have some of that in us but if we don't temper it and reflect occasionally...well, we become catty.

I totally had to vent this somewhere - because I am heartbroken!

I purchased a cute set of plates on eBay for my sister as a Christmas gift. They were perfect, and I got a great deal. She would have loved them, but not now.

I get the package in the mail today and I open it up. Everything is well packed, a smaller box with the plates in cardboard and small styrofoam layer between each one was put in large box with plenty of recycled paper confetti padding it. But 3 out of the 4 plates are completely shattered!

The package was insured, so I'm pretty sure I can get money back. But they would have been the absolute perfect gift and it really makes me sad. The package had a fragile marker on it, but obviously someone at the post office decided to ignore that.

^^ That would just annoy me too. Hopefully you will find another perfect gift for her.

Today I realized that if a certain electronic device doesn't work (computer, phone, etc) I can barely stand it- it makes me so angry and frustrates me soo much!!

Megs said:
^^ That would just annoy me too. Hopefully you will find another perfect gift for her.

Today I realized that if a certain electronic device doesn't work (computer, phone, etc) I can barely stand it- it makes me so angry and frustrates me soo much!!
Yup, especially when the webcam connection is ****ty and you can't hear or see your boyfriend, that blows most.