You hate it when

pursegalsf said:
That's funny :lol: I have been told that I talk waaaay too much and that I'm very loud. Even my boyfriend tells me to shut up or lower my voice. That's just the way I talk so I get really annoyed when people tell me to stop.

Same here, and I laugh out really loud too sometimes, that I scare myself :lol: :shame: can't help it! Luckily I hang around people who are just as crazy and loud..:worried: . Hi Pursegalsf...I'm trying to be patient for our big meeting..:nuts: !

Danica said:
Oh yes! Here's my terrible story...My mom's friend was over for dinner, she was eating mashed potatoes, laughed, opened her mouth wide, and there was stringy mashed potato from the roof of her mouth to her tongue :sick: the horror!! This was years ago, and i'm still scarred by it.
So gross. My dad chews with his mouth open and is very, very noisy. Makes Thanksgiving Dinner kind of difficult! However, I usually end up not eating too much. :nuts:

One of my peeves is when I'm walking normal and someone acts like I'm walking too slow or they have to run off to some emergency, so I let them go infront of me. Only to have them walk times slower than me infront of me. That happens a lot.

People who chew gum really loud.

When dh and I go shopping or out for other errands we purposely park far off from other cars, so we don't get door dings. Well sometimes big heaps of crap park right next to us when there are dozens of spots much closer.

pursemama said:
Same here, and I laugh out really loud too sometimes, that I scare myself :lol: :shame: can't help it! Luckily I hang around people who are just as crazy and loud..:worried: . Hi Pursegalsf...I'm trying to be patient for our big meeting..:nuts: !

Pursemama, I laugh out loud too!!! I've been told I laugh like a hyena :shame: What a great meeting this is going to be!!!

Ha ha... I love to talk and I'm usually pretty loud too! :P People always tell me that they can hear me from the other side of the campus. And my bf's mom calls me "radio" because once my bf picks up my call, I'll talk nonstop for like 30 min while he's going "uhun... uhun..." the whole time.

I hate it when I'm talking all fast and the person would interrupt me and ask me to repeat what I just said. Usually that makes me feel stupid but then I also want to wack them in the head with my bag too. :lol:

Oh and I hate it when the register that I choose ends up being the slowest register in the supermarket. For some reason, I'm always behind the slowest register line. :suspiciou

bagnshoofetish said:
slowest register line...ME TOO! and I'm always in the line with the 110 year old woman writing a check!

or she want to pay in change!!!!!!!!!!

lol. I'm an SA and I have to ring people out, so I should be understanding, but I hate nothing more than having to wait in line.:shame:

bagnshoofetish said:
slowest register line...ME TOO! and I'm always in the line with the 110 year old woman writing a check!

I seem to have a target on me for stuff like that. I was buying wine (just wine!) on Friday, and the guy in front of me in the express lane had a basket stuffed with 20 items, trying to make it look like he had 10 :suspiciou Or, when I'm in the drive-thru line at a fast food restaurant, and the person in front of me is ordering for an entire army.

I hate it when the driver in the car in front of me doesn't put on his turn signal when making a sudden right turn. I also hate when I'm in heavy traffic, with my turn signal on trying to merge, and no one lets me in :suspiciou Oh, and those people on the Turnpike who think they're driving fast in the left lane, but they're really going 70 mph or so. I have a three hour drive ahead of me, I'm doing 85 mph, get out of my way :evil:

I have quite the case of road rage. My driving record sucks :shame:

Danica said:
Let me start. I hate it when I am with a group of people and someone tells me sarcastically that I talk too much! I find it really annoying because normally it goes like this...I talk alot, but become quiet when there's simply nothing to say or I have nothing to add. I'm really friendly, and I joke alot and can talk a person's ear off, but its when I've been quiet for a minute or two, and this happens. I just want to say t o them "where were you?"
P.S. My husbands dad does this to me all the time. *hmmpf

so- what annoys you?

once they told me the same thing!! it was so terrible!! and the girl who told me that is one of those nasty acid girls that really no many people like so i was like 'uh, at least when i talk i saw nice things!!"

I hate it when people cut lines ..... especially in the car when you're sitting in traffic waiting to get off an exit ramp and some idiot squeezes in way up front. What gives? Do they think they're too good to wait their turn like the rest of us? When I finally get to the front I won't let anyone cut in no matter what ... and I mean no matter what.

pursegalsf said:
Me too unless English is your second language :biggrin: I hate it when people get you're or your mixed up and when they say supposably instead of supposedly... :evil:

haha. I'm ALWAYS correcting my sis on the supposably/supposedly mistake. I can't say its entirely her fault though. I blame the system (always finding someone to blame, right?)...When you grow up speaking two languages...there's a tendency to code-switch back and forth between the two languages and get them mixed up...in pronunciation and other situations.

For example, for the longest time(when I was in highschool)..I couldn't pronounce 'decisions'...very tricky...

Also, my sis still has the tendency sometimes to say 'chef' or 'chevrolet'...with a hard 'ch' sound and not the correct 'sh' pronunciation (she'll self-correct herself instantly but it inevitably comes out that way sometimes)...and I know that's because in Spanish our 'ch' is a hard 'ch'...because we don't have a 'Spanish-accent' or anything.;)

Sorry for rambling...this whole linguistic topic was right up my alley with what I go to school for...and I get all excited about linguistic phenomenons which occur naturally in speech. :amuse:

oh yes, my pet peeves:

I hate it when men lie in order to avoid telling you the truth (because they figure that lying is sometime more suitable than the truth). Sometimes I just want the truth! I can handle the truth!:biggrin:

I hate when people roll their eyes to something you've said...right in front of you...and you catch them doing it! One of my students does this in class ALL the time..and it drives me up the wall! :smile:

and this is a weird one...I cannot stand having the T.V on while me and my hubby are having dinner or a chat or something. I guess because we have busy lifestyles and hardly see each other...so I'm selfish, I think because I like his attention all on me when we come home and finally see each other. :wacko:

Chewing with the mouth open is disgusting, not to mention unsanitary. The food sometimes comes out of the mouth, especially when the person is talking. It's impolite and gross.

I also dislike it when people keep picking at their nails or fidgeting constantly...it seems magnified when I'm sitting at a meeting that goes on for hours.