You guys! You'll never believe what happened!

MaryAndDogs

Jan 25, 2015
So here is the story.

I am more of a Chanel girl. Partially because I've never developed any relationship with an Hermes SA. I don't know why not, perhaps I wasn't cool enough. We were about to write off our local Hermes boutique as " don't go there without a stick" (so basically, just don't go there...) when we've met this one really super nice, informative, passionate SA, who was willing to talk to us about Hernes products regardless whether we buy it or not.

Anyway, just because of him and his good service and stories he's told us about the products, we bought a couple of scarfs, which I really liked. At this point we've mentioned that I would also like to get a Birkin bag eventually but with no hope whatsoever that it will happen as I am not a planning person. I can never get on any lists and anyway, the entire process is beyond me. Too complicated! I am a simple woman, I really don't know and never knew "how to play my cards right". What does that even mean?

So you guys will never guess what happened!

We went out to dinner tonight. Big news, I know... Haha. It wasn't easy with two dogs and big trade show in town but finally at a third place we got lucky and got a table. I was trying to get my dogs to relax on their blankets and at the same time to tell my husband what a fabulous day I've had - perpetual gray skies around here non-withstanding.

I was in the middle of a very rational explanation :graucho: how this dress (link below) could possibly make up for the perpetual lack of sunshine in Germany :biggrin: https://www.net-a-porter.com/de/en/...rimmed-wool-and-silk-blend-crepe-shirt-dress-
when my husband casually has mentioned that actually our super friendly Hermes SA (whom we've only met a week before) has called today to say that they've got a 35 Birkin bag, which they will reserve for me till 4 pm tomorrow.

WHAT? :woot:
HUH! :loveeyes:
COME AGAIN??? :yahoo:
I must be dreaming...

I was told numerous times about crazy waiting times for a Birkin bag and how impossible it is and you have to put your name on a list (expect you can't because they are not accepting any names right now and they don't know what they will be getting). So, I just put it out of my mind and thought I would never get it because it is too complicated.

And now this ( :happydance:).

My husband, lemme tell ya, that guy is so cool. He didn't even ask any details! Can you imagine??? He just said that we'll be there sometime before 4 pm to take a look. HUH? Right! 4 pm? Very funny...I am gonna be there first thing at 10 am :graucho: when they open! And I am pretty sure I won't be able to sleep imagining all sorts of colorleather/hardware constellations.

I was really wishing a fun, bright color Birkin in 35 in Togo or Clemence leather (orange or blue jean, or maybe fuchsia in ostrich leather) but it is really too much to hope for so much luck. Can't wait for tomorrow and I won't be able to sleep a wink.

I know it' crazy but I think that if anyone in the world will understand this, it's you guys! Keep your fingers crossed for a handbag lover in Germany. Hopefully tomorrow I might be the owner of a a perfect Birkin :woot:

Nee, it will probably be the wrong size/ color/leather/hardware combination. But what do I do then? should I take it anywhere? What do you guys think? I am so excited I can't think straight.

wow, lucky you!! congrats!

please show us asap!!
It's after midnight here in Germany now so I still have 10 hours to go before I can show anything. But can you believe my husband? He literally has asked no questions at all so I know nothing! As they say in Germany, man-oh-man:biggrin: It's gonna be a long night here ... :smile:

I just don't know what to do if they offer me a Birkin in a "wrong" size, design, leather...Would you guys still take it? What's your opinion?

Congrats! Run to the store when they first open! It's hard to concentrate when you get that call. Did you mention what color you want to the sa? Hope you fall in love with the offer.

LOL! Similar thing happened to me. I went into the Hermes store and got a couple scarves and bracelet. In passing, I inquired about a Birkin very vaguely. 3 weeks later, the SA called me to inform that a Birkin 35 Clemence came in with GHW in Blue Indigo. I didn't give the SA any specs but she noticed that I liked GHW and neutral classic colors.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the color but the moment I saw it, I knew I had to get it. I think if you can narrow down to which hardware you prefer and color family you like, it'll make the decision a lot easier. Unless you truly dislike a color, Hermes makes beautiful colors! It's hard to say no to... I'm not really a blue family fan but this color has so much depth! In natural lights it looks black and in the sun, its a deep navy. So you honestly will never know! Trust your inital reaction tho... I look at my bag everyday and it still makes me smile.

Anyways, 6 months later, I'm waiting for my dream Kelly call. Its a dangerous and addicting process... Once that orange door opens up to you, its hard to turn away from it :wave: LOL.

Good luck! Hope its something you'll love! And as my SA always say, if you have to think about it, its not for you.

Instagram: OHNcurated

Last edited:
You guys are so kind!

I told my husband that there is NO WAY on this planet that I could wait till afternoon so we'll be going there first thing in the morning :smile: But I still don't know what to do if it is the wrong colour...The size I can play with but the color is essential.

To my SA I have only mentioned that to me, a Birkin is all about bright colours and a girl having fun downtown :biggrin: Perhaps I have told him that my preference would be orange/fuchsia and blue jean though I would be pretty open to other colours as well.

But what would you guys do if you got poppy seed orange offered instead of traditional Hermes orange? Would you take it?

I am sitting here in Germany in front of the computer and trying to figure out the impossible :smile: Very excited about the opportunity but afraid that the color will be wrong...

You guys are so kind!

I told my husband that there is NO WAY on this planet that I could wait till afternoon so we'll be going there first thing in the morning :smile: But I still don't know what to do if it is the wrong colour...The size I can play with but the color is essential.

To my SA I have only mentioned that to me, a Birkin is all about bright colours and a girl having fun downtown :biggrin: Perhaps I have told him that my preference would be orange/fuchsia and blue jean though I would be pretty open to other colours as well.

But what would you guys do if you got poppy seed orange offered instead of traditional Hermes orange? Would you take it?

I am sitting here in Germany in front of the computer and trying to figure out the impossible :smile: Very excited about the opportunity but afraid that the color will be wrong...

I really like the new orange poppy. If you were considering orange anyway, you will probably really like it! Try to remain calm and open minded. Just go see tomorrow and if you love it, take it. If not, then wait. Your SA will respect that.

Still not sleeping at 2 am :smile: Really, just too excited :smile:

I have considered orange but to me Hermes orange is a classic. Poppy seed is new and I am not sure where it is going. It would be more difficult to combine with scarfs and other things so I don't know...

Anyway, I don't even know what I'll be offered :smile: Perhaps it will be fuchsia ostrich :smile:
Just 8 more hours to go and then I'll know :smile: As far as I understood they just have one bag reserved for me. But do you think that they might have more "in the back"? Should I ask for some options or better just count my good blessings? I might want to purchase other things in the future and I don't wanna ruin my chances from the get go.

Still not sleeping at 2 am :smile: Really, just too excited :smile:

I have considered orange but to me Hermes orange is a classic. Poppy seed is new and I am not sure where it is going. It would be more difficult to combine with scarfs and other things so I don't know...

Anyway, I don't even know what I'll be offered :smile: Perhaps it will be fuchsia ostrich :smile:
Just 8 more hours to go and then I'll know :smile: As far as I understood they just have one bag reserved for me. But do you think that they might have more "in the back"? Should I ask for some options or better just count my good blessings? I might want to purchase other things in the future and I don't wanna ruin my chances from the get go.

Are you sleeping yet? Your husband is hilarious! I'm sure he's enjoying your excitement. :lol:
Don't overthink it. When you see the birkin, you will know. And if it's not right, don't buy something you don't love. All the best!