you guys, i really need some moral support...

So sorry, it's always hard when things like this happen. As I tell my daughter, if it helps to talk go ahead and post away we are all hear for you, there are many others out there (I know that sounds lame right now), most importantly I agree if its ment to be it will be and this break up will turn into a make up. Huggs from me too.

amanda said:
my boyfriend and i might be on the verge of a breakup...we've been together over a year...he's my best friend...i don't know what to do. all i can do is cry and i don't know who to turn to. i don't want him to break up with me. i love him so much.

sorry to burden you guys with this, i know we keep things pretty much surface-level around here, but i feel like you guys won't judge me and i'm kind of freaking out.

We're all here for you, even if it is virtually :biggrin: I think we've all been through it before, and it's hard. But either way, you will get through it and things will work out, whether you stay together or not. It sounds trite saying that if you split, things will get better with time, but it's true. Whatever you do, don't let anything or anyone get in the way of your happiness :biggrin:

as cliche as it sounds, you just have to have faith that everything will work out. my boyfriend and i have been together for about 3 years and we almost broke up plenty of times but we love each other and we're still together. if you still love him and he still loves you, then everything will work itself out. we're here for you! just remember to keep your best interests in mind: keeping yourself happy. *HUGS!*

Amanda, I know you are in a vulnerable spot....just remember who you are and to keep up your confidence. The insecurities start to haunt people during these times, don't let them have too much power. Be strong, mature and respect yourself no matter what happens. If things go unfortunately sour...try not to break down in front of him too much - you can here..., This is so when you look back(hopefully not though), you no he was the one who missed out on a solid person. I have turned into a basket case in the past when I was younger over many relationships and learnt that is not a good way to end things, for my own dignity, self respect... time does heal everything. We are here!

Hmmm, star is right about not Breaking down in front of him.
I'm ALL about letting people know how I feel, but he can't and shouldn't see you weep about him. When I look back at my past and how I handled things I wish I had let the guy see me hurt a little less.
{{{{Hugs}}}}

star3777 said:
Amanda, I know you are in a vulnerable spot....just remember who you are and to keep up your confidence. The insecurities start to haunt people during these times, don't let them have too much power. Be strong, mature and respect yourself no matter what happens. If things go unfortunately sour...try not to break down in front of him too much - you can here..., This is so when you look back(hopefully not though), you no he was the one who missed out on a solid person. I have turned into a basket case in the past when I was younger over many relationships and learnt that is not a good way to end things, for my own dignity, self respect... time does heal everything. We are here!

unfortunately i did a little of that already tonight...i have a hard time not crying, it's a character flaw, always has been. i agree that i should try to keep it to a minimum, though, and i think hearing it somewhere besides my own head will help. again, thanks for everything y'all have said. i guess it's time to go to bed and deal with this in the morning.

amanda said:
my boyfriend and i might be on the verge of a breakup...we've been together over a year...he's my best friend...i don't know what to do. all i can do is cry and i don't know who to turn to. i don't want him to break up with me. i love him so much.

sorry to burden you guys with this, i know we keep things pretty much surface-level around here, but i feel like you guys won't judge me and i'm kind of freaking out.

(((Amanda))))

I am so sorry...I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that what is best for YOU will be the ultimate outcome. You are a very special person...and deserve absolutely nothing but the best in your life.

Star is 100% correct...hold your head high, put a smile on your face and shine even if you don't feel like it. Go on some power walks, work out...whatever to get those endorphins and serotonin levels sky high...so you can think with a clear head.

Hang in there hon...we are all here for you when you need it.

Sometimes just putting it out there helps... Crying a little can help too--but not to the point where you forget to shower and have crumpled kleenex everywhere.

I think to a certain extent, what's meant to be will be. You can only put your best effort, be honest, and then hope for the best. Hang in there!

I'm so sorry you're going through a rough time Amanda :sad: I know how much it hurts!! Stay strong and follow all the advice you've already been given...

Keep us posted and just try to make it though day by day.. *HUGS*

Amanda dear... hang in there hon. I know this is a rough time for you right now but try to be strong and think positive. If both of you still love each other then there must be a way to work things out between you two. Sometimes it just takes time. We'll all be thinking of you and sending you positive energy towards your way. ::HUGE HUG::

I hope it all works out for you girl :biggrin: I've been in that situation and it SUCKS, but no matter what be positive and know that you have a bunch of purse loving junkies that care *hug*

I'm so sorry you're going though this difficult time. If it was meant to be, it'll happen. Maybe not now, but it WILL happen. Everyone is here for you if you ever need to vent. Dry your tears, get some rest, throw on a fab outfit & bag, and keep your head up! Tomorrow is another day =)

sorry to hear that amanda! i know how you feel. my boyfriend of 2 yrs. and i broke up a while ago. though it's been a while, i'm still devastated. i'm trying to do what everybody here says, no crying and hoping that if it was meant to be, we might be together again. someday. who knows.
i hope everything goes well for you. *hugs*