You guys are going to think this is crazy...

mtheriault6

Oct 21, 2008
My aunt is a manager at goodwill in florida... she has been for 9 years, so i was down visiting her when i brought up designers, shes not the wealthiest person in the world, she lives in an average sized development home and she told me she wanted to show me something... so i follow her into her bedroom and she opens her closet and turns on the light when i saw it :shocked:... a closet FILLED WITH DESIGNER BAGS! I see 10 chanels, 20 louis vuittons, 10 tod's, like 30 gucci and 30 prada, fendis, dior, hermes, BV, JUST EVERYTHING :wtf::faint:! I ALMOST PASSED OUT! AND THE WORST PART, ARE YOU READY??? THE MOST SHE PAID FOR ONE BAG OUT OF ALL OF THEM WAS $50.00 :wtf::faint:!!!! SHE SAID THE AVERAGE PER BAG WAS $20.00 :crybaby:! AND THEY ARE REAL! SHE SAID ITS BEEN FROM 9 YEARS OF SCOWERING GOODWILL AND CONSIGNMENT SHOPS, after she showed me her collection of rolex's and tiffany and cartier jewelry..... well im glad shes my aunt! im gona suck up even more! everytime i see her she gives me like a dior sweater or a burberry bag so i love her, but still... i want bags for that price! :yahoo:

I've been to enough Salvation Armys and vintage shops to know most of the 'designer' bags are fake. Generally speaking, consignment shops would never price authentic designer bags at $20 -- no seller would price take that amount for their genuine articles.

Still, if indeed you still believe your aunt's closet is stuffed to the brim (looks like over 100 bags from your estimate) with authentic goods, good for her.

i don't think they're all authentic...maybe some of them. but if they are, the only way the rest of us can get them is to work at goodwill too :P

and people might donate their authentic bags, but i think jewelry is unlikely because most people know it carries some sort of monetary value. i think most people would pawn it instead of just donating it to goodwill...

Well, it happen to me. When I was moving I had a suitcase that was going to goodwill that my husband was going to take. By mistake, my husband took one of the suitcases that I had two LVs and a couple Prada bags. Yes, he ended up sending that one to goowill. When I find out , it was too late. But, well I was so excited moving in our new place that I let it go.

Well, it happen to me. When I was moving I had a suitcase that was going to goodwill that my husband was going to take. By mistake, my husband took one of the suitcases that I had two LVs and a couple Prada bags. Yes, he ended up sending that one to goowill. When I find out , it was too late. But, well I was so excited moving in our new place that I let it go.

omg...I hope he made it up to you!

i swear they are real! and i can tell and shes brought them to chanel and tehy tell her they are real and just trust me these bags are real!

a $20 chanel is once in a life time opportunity- I'm not saying it can't happen, but it is very unlikely. 100 designer bags at $20 a pop in nine years doesn't really add up.