You girls take away my guilt

I was telling my husband about TPF yesterday and told him how i felt like a newly liberated person, since i sent and started receiving messages to my post! Now i just want to go out and build up a collection rather than dwindle it down to one, but alas cannot afford to!! I am so in love with the Alexa bag, now.., typically the newest and most sought after at present. I generally seem to hanker after the older designs as they look like they are made of stronger stuff, and i like the toned down hardware! Still not completely convinced by my Roxy, as handsome as she is..., I don't mind the saggy bag, just don't like the way the bottom hangs down like my one year old Floss' nappy first thing in the morning!! I have just ordered a VIP liner as recommended by you lovely ladies, then i will see... if my love is rekindled!

............money making ideas already in motion, wondering what i have tucked away in my closet that i can sell to fund another bag.., I will have a new bag within the month..., just wait and see...!!!

Sorry.., me again, my husband is off today so i have time to sit in front of the computer properly and am pondering... Can anyone tell me, do ALL Mulberry bags have a serial no. on the brass disc on the inner pocket? Thanks

Hello Poppy Flossy!

No not all Mulberry bags have the disc/fob and/or serial number. If you really want an alexa then perhaps you could sell roxy (think you would get a good price for such a classic bag?) and ebay a couple of other things you own. Also, keep watching My Wardrobe website. They are expecting to get the tan regular alexa back in stock soon. There are codes floating around if you google to get discount with. Plus if you go through Quidco you will get another 10% off the price (via cash@back). I think you could get at least 20% off rrp and who knows maybe better discout codes will pop up again soon? I got my Oak Leopard Alexa from them and it cost £588 as against the rrp of £795! Result!

Wow thanks.., you certainly know your stuff, that's great..., i am suddenly feeling very excited..., i do love Plum glace colour in Mulberry bags too though..., oh decisions, decisions!! Have a good day all, i am off to Bath to the 'Real Italian ice cream company' now for some of their amazing chocolate ice cream.., chocolate clears my head in such situations as a purchase dilemma!!

Morning Bluecat_00.., after i said that, i realised that i too sold two bags with tags.., forgot to mention i went for the plunge with the ocean Blue as well after the small brown Mabel!! Again, a colour too bold for my needs and not an easy colour to blend into the closet, if you know what i mean!! I have seen the NEW WITH TAGS bags which have those funny chunky shiny zips without the raised edging.., that's the ones i was referring too really.. I prefer used anyway, because i am too uptight to get mine to the 'used' stage, i would rather get somebody slightly more relaxed to do it for me!!
I live near the village of Box Fuzzyfelt27! :smile:

I'm in Chippenham! Welcome to the Mulberry forum.
Your story made me smile too as I've done something similar with a few of my bags.
Now I'm off to read the rest of your thread....just had to answer when I saw how close you are to me...

Welcome to the mulberry madhouse Poppyfloss. I love my Mulberry's. You asked about the belgrave. I have one in choc and oak. Lovely bag. My biggest annoyance with her is the lenght of her handles. They do not fit on the shoulder with a winter coat. My favourite thing about her is she is soooo Mulberry iykwim.
I find the square of stiff plastic in the bottom of the woven bags in your supermarket that you buy for €1 aer absolutely brillant for a saggy bottomed bag. I use them all the time.

Good morning PF. Sorry I'm late with my welcome. Trying to put a bit of distance between myself and the forum at present. It's too enabling ifykwim. You're in lovely company here. Yes, a little eccentric at times but so welcoming and helpful. I'll be following your story to see what comes next! As for Roxy, the VIP should help. If you decide that she's not for you anyway, it will be so useful in so many other styles. I use one all the time. From an organisation point of view not just the shape thing. Perhaps if you give Roxy a fair chance and use her, you'll come to love her. I do!

I also have a belgrave (the antiqued choc and oak). It is a lovely bag - great size, very mulberry! But would have to agree with the other poster that difficult to keep on shoulder over a winter coat or thick jacket - think berghaus etc but very comfortable without.
I find that it is a great bag that doesn't need babying as the antique choc doesn't show stains (not that mine has any) but I feel reasonably comfortable if she gets caught in the rain.
I think she is much overlooked.

Goodness, i had no idea how addictive TPF could be, I have to keep stopping in my tracks to have another read .., It feels all cosy- I love it!! Today My eldest daughter, nearly 4 years old (going on 18) came with me to get one of those yummy chocolate ice creams and we went on to do a bit of retail therapy in Bath...,She is a great advisor, funny really but she has always shopped with me. Bath is not the best place for bags though, only one place that does a few Mulberry bags but not any which i desire. Instead I bought some purple Patent shoes and had a good think about the Mulberry situation. I have decided that i do really like the Roxy but not the darwin. I know sometimes it can be heavily grained then sometimes slightly more subtle.., mine is too grainy, I saw some beef jerky in Sainsburys today and it looked very similar!! NO OFFENCE to all you Darwin lovers..., i think mine is just one of the unlucky ones with the troubled skin type!! I am quite colourful these days in my clothing and although not so keen on My Pink Mabel on me, I LOVE the colour of the Plum Glace i have seen in the Roxy, it looks beautiful though i have never seen it in the flesh.., kinda like the green too! Anyone have any thoughts on this leather? ;/

^^It drives me crazy that Mulberry no longer has a stand alone store in Bath. Apparently it's opening a franchise in Jollys but they've been saying that for over a year now and it's still not there.
Mee in Bartlett Street has a few, is that where you meant? I was hoping they might have an ink blue Alexa but ended up getting mine this morning from HoF at Cabot's Circus.
Square is a lovely shop but I'm amazed it sells Gucci, Prada and Miu Miu but not Mulberry! It's missing a trick I reckon.

ooh, lucky You sarajane, i love the Alexa, in Ink Blue it sounds scrummy! Square is really lovely but amazingly pricey and they more about visable labels on bags.., not at all like Mulberry, who's style alone spells out it's name not needing a shiny embossed plaque on the front! Yes, i meant Lux, situated within "Mee" who has a few select Mulberry.., they are separate businesses though aren't they. I actually remember Jollys selling Mulberry but then they suddenly stopped. I think they were kind of ahead of the game, did them before handbags became such a big thing so i am sure that their buyers are having talks about selling them again!

TEDDIESCORNER- Hello! I have just looked at your very impressive, pristine Mulberry family and see You have the Roxanne in Antique Plum Glace! How do you rate it amongst your collection- pray tell?!

Sorry for only writing on my own thread, if any of you are still subscribed to it..., it isn't because i am self indulgent but because i am not sure how to get out of it!! Just thought i would share my secret among you girls.., I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A BUTTER ALEXA!!! Not normally my colour but i dreamt about it last night after doing some research on the net so it must be the one!! Online from John Lewis so i have yet to see it in the flesh.., will let you know..., in a way i feel terrible but my guilt is swiftly being swamped by excitement!!

Congratulations poppyflossy - that's definitely a colourful addition to your collection.
You will have to start a reveal thread when it arrives.

Branch out and start posting on other threads too girl!