You decide...is or is not TOO inspired!!

to Robyn,

You are so, so right. All of these bags come from somewhere in the past. Look up old Etienne Aigner on Ebay, old Liz, old Dooney, and you will see reincarnations of these guys from Prada and their contemporaries.

You have a great eye on this. Also, look on Ebay under ski jackets in leather...sure looks like those jackets in the eighties were inspirational for prada's ruched and gathered leather bags this season.

What goes around, comes around....

This one?

(pic from jcpenny.com)
attachment.php

Attachments

• hmm.jpg
    hmm.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 229
to Robyn,

You are so, so right. All of these bags come from somewhere in the past. Look up old Etienne Aigner on Ebay, old Liz, old Dooney, and you will see reincarnations of these guys from Prada and their contemporaries.

You have a great eye on this. Also, look on Ebay under ski jackets in leather...sure looks like those jackets in the eighties were inspirational for prada's ruched and gathered leather bags this season.

What goes around, comes around....

Couldn't agree more. :yes:

I just bought a Donald J. Pliner handbag that is similar in shape to the YSL Muse. That's one of the reasons I bought it, but the price is way less. There are only so many shapes handbags come in....at least the ones I WANT to wear. :yes:

Attachments

• jp2.jpg
    jp2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 84
Wow, ecmd7...that is CUTE! I like the leather on that puppy. It is interesting with the detailing. It is close, but I think the shape is the most similar. Now, on the other hand, I can see that "detective" bag getting a bit of scrutiny here...LOL!

Yeah, that one is tough. I cannot place who it could be inspired by, so it must not be one of my favorites...:shrugs: I love that color, though, since you could pretty much pull it off with anything!

I just bought a Donald J. Pliner handbag that is similar in shape to the YSL Muse. That's one of the reasons I bought it, but the price is way less. There are only so many shapes handbags come in....at least the ones I WANT to wear. :yes:

Very cute! I just bought an Alfrani bag from Macy's that is very Muse inspired. It's just a nice quality bag for under $100.

No shooting here. I agree. I think Hermes, especially the Birkin, in all its vicious glory, is the biggest "status symbol" bag money can buy. If you like them, great, but it has a connotation with "the finest things in life". I personally would feel odd carrying an inspired Birkin-type bag for that reason. It is VERY well known, and I feel like, at my age(30), unless I was dressed in business attire(which I am through the weekdays), any single person I came into contact with would think I was "posing" if they knew what the bag "was". I may dress like I would buy a thousand dollar bag, but I have a TOYOTA(yes, it is still "custom", new and flashy). Anyone who knew what kind of car I drive would know I was not carrying an Hermes. One of these days, when I have my BMW AND my Fiat, then, and only then, will I get myself an Hermes. And to be honest, though I have always thought about a Birkin, that Kelly has grown on me so much, it may be a Kelly.:yes: (a little less copied, too...heh heh)

I love my Toyota and my Birkin :yes:

Aha! A Toyota driving Birkin haver! How do you pull it off? Do you get questioned or do you just rationalize the Toyota by the reliability of the car? LOL...BTW, I LOVE the chain in your avatar!!! It is super colorful and funky! What IS that???!!