You Charged It !! Do You Own It Right Away?

Jan 23, 2006
I know people that if they buy a highend item, they feel that they dont own it untill its been paid off, or a least almost paid off.

Me personally, I own it right away.

How about you?

I don't have a CC yet! :smile: I think that I would consider it mine as soon as I swiped the card. I also think I would max out my card within one shopping trip to the mall, so I stick with my debit for now! :smile:

maybe I'm anal, but I don't use my credit card unless I know I can pay it off. it sort of defeats the purpose of owning one, but I have a really bad shopping habit and I don't want it to get out of hand.

It's mine once the card goes through the swipe. I never carry a balance, it's more like using a card is a way to get a free month long loan that I'll pay off right away, plus earn some sort of reward. Oh and of course let credit card companies take a peak at what I buy.. unfortunately.

mlertpac said:
maybe I'm anal, but I don't use my credit card unless I know I can pay it off. it sort of defeats the purpose of owning one, but I have a really bad shopping habit and I don't want it to get out of hand.

I'm that way, too. I don't think it defeats the purpose of owning a card, though. It's convenient and you build good credit. That's pretty good reason!

I own it. I have many credit cards and they are all paid in full each month. This way I easily justify "rewarding" myself. And look forward to buying something else lol.