You Bought It Full Price And Then......

Coldplaylover

Member
Mar 8, 2006
5,266
5
you see it marked down so much it hurts but it's too late to get a refund etc. So let's say you buy a Marc Jacobs bag at Nordstrom and then a month later you see it on their sale table(marked down a lot) tossed in with other designer bags. Do you get angry that you paid full price?
 

tw1n8ngel

<3<3
O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
1,325
1
It's happened to me before and I got really really
4_3_2.gif
 

addicted

O.G.
Jan 17, 2006
3,617
38
One time, I bought a suit and wanted to return it (at Macy's). But decided to scan it and see if it went on sale. It did...serious discount. So, I asked if I could return and rebuy. She said no. Then I asked why? The SA said they don't put it back on the floor, they send it out. I don't know if she was lying. After I returned I went to look for it out on the floor. Of course it was not there in my size. Stupid!
 

Selena

O.G.
Jan 26, 2006
13,820
37
Coldplaylover said:
you see it marked down so much it hurts but it's too late to get a refund etc. So let's say you buy a Marc Jacobs bag at Nordstrom and then a month later you see it on their sale table(marked down a lot) tossed in with other designer bags. Do you get angry that you paid full price?

Here is what you do. Buy the cheaper one. Return the new one with the old reciept. If its within a month. I wouldnt do this after a year or something like that.

Selena
 

Kat

Member
Dec 13, 2005
8,160
12
If I only bought it a month or so ago, yes it ticks me off. On the other hand, if it doesn't go on sale until like 6 months later then it doesn't bother me as much because I've been using it and enjoying it for quite awhile.
 

gingerB

gingerB
O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
483
0
Kat said:
If I only bought it a month or so ago, yes it ticks me off. On the other hand, if it doesn't go on sale until like 6 months later then it doesn't bother me as much because I've been using it and enjoying it for quite awhile.

ditto...if it had been awhile, it softens the blow somewhat. slight twinge rather han the more gutwrenching @#$%! that i feel when i find it marked down a week later!
 

slc

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
404
1
Selena said:
Here is what you do. Buy the cheaper one. Return the new one with the old reciept. If its within a month. I wouldnt do this after a year or something like that.

Selena

Just a thought...I would becareful doing something like that, especially at Nordstrom, because each item has a sticker with a specific item number tying it to the receipt. So the new item may not match the item number on your old receipt.
 

LVgirly

O.G.
Mar 15, 2006
855
37
YES!! This always happened to me with Coach stuff. I would pay retail at the Coach store and see it on eBay a month or two later for less than 1/2! Ever since then I've learned to only buy stuff I really liked at the Coach store and save the rest for eBay. (There are no outlets in Canada unfortunately :sad:)
 
Top