York Tote sizing

Alcat34

Apr 2, 2015
Hey guys! I've been very interested lately in the York tote for an everyday bag, but I can't decide between the regular and the small. Does anyone have either of these bags? Opinions needed! :smile: Thanks in Advance!

I think it depends on what you carry every day. Personally I think the small is a great size for every day. But if you're carrying a lot. Or maybe larger items like a laptop the larger size might be better for you.

I use the regular (large) because it's one of my school totes so I need it to fit my laptop or a notebook/textbook/iPad. On a small frame it does look oversized but it all depends on how a person carries themselves. Decide what your primary function is for the bag, what you'll be carrying and using it for, and definitely try both styles out in-store if that's an option.

I just bought the Perry tote and I LOVE it for an everyday bag. It's more "laid back" not the structured leather look. It fits everything I need for an everyday bag! I believe the large York is about the same size. If you like larger bags, go with the large!

I have the small in several colors and it is the perfect size. I've not seen the larger size but feel it would be way to big for me. I'm 5'4 and 112 pounds for reference.

Thanks for sharing this! I'm 5'2 and I'm worried about the size of the large. Do you think you can fit a full sized iPad in the small?

I use the regular (large) because it's one of my school totes so I need it to fit my laptop or a notebook/textbook/iPad. On a small frame it does look oversized but it all depends on how a person carries themselves. Decide what your primary function is for the bag, what you'll be carrying and using it for, and definitely try both styles out in-store if that's an option.

Unfortunately I'm pretty far away from a place where I could try them on. It sounds like the small will be a good option for me. I have a tendency to overpack anyways and Its probably better for my back if I don't!

I think it depends on what you carry every day. Personally I think the small is a great size for every day. But if you're carrying a lot. Or maybe larger items like a laptop the larger size might be better for you.

The one thing was my laptop. I'm a student so I was trying to figure out a way to fit it in. I've been using the large Le pliage forever and I was trying to find something more structured. I think I'm going to go with the small and have a separate laptop sleeve for the days I need it.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and experiences (: ....now to decide on a color [emoji1]

Thank you for everyone who helped me decide... *drumroll* and here's the one I went with (: my first SHW bag in a very long time. In love!! The small was truly the way to go.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1451051792.530162.jpg