York Sale Starts Thursday 26th

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Just called York, sale starts thurs 26th.

Thought I would check train times etc and maybe have the day down there. It will take 4 hours and cost about £82.50. Is it worth it???

Hi tireebabe, I am thinking the same but cannot make Thursday as my son is having his leavers assembly from primary school so I am thinking of going on Friday if I can get the day off work.

Does anyone know if it will be worth it for me being the second day, it will cost me £34.50 for the train from Edinburgh and take 2.5 hours?

Thanks

Not too sure , sometimes Mulberry has an extra 10 % discount too . I suppose it depends if you want something in particular from this season or don't mind if it's past seasons..

gosh :wtf: that much for a train trip???? I would consider twice. But if it's the closest Mulberry store and you haven't bought anything for awhile, then I would say have a nice shopping day! :tup:

Hi tireebabe, I am thinking the same but cannot make Thursday as my son is having his leavers assembly from primary school so I am thinking of going on Friday if I can get the day off work.

Does anyone know if it will be worth it for me being the second day, it will cost me £34.50 for the train from Edinburgh and take 2.5 hours?

Thanks

Pauline, I would be travelling on friday too

gosh :wtf: that much for a train trip???? I would consider twice. But if it's the closest Mulberry store and you haven't bought anything for awhile, then I would say have a nice shopping day! :tup:

Serene, that's my problem, I have bought quite alot recently hence the reason why I am thinking twice about the trip

Tiree - sorry to be blunt but no, it doesn't make sense to go to York!

If you get there and there's nothing you want to buy that's £80 wasted. Are you desperate for anything in particular - denim Mabel?????
Also to get the best bargains you're going to need to be there at opening time. There's always a huge queue at Shepton about an hour before it opens and within 30 mins, the bargains are gone.

I wouldn't pay £80-odd quid just to get there - especially if you're not after anything specific.

For the first time ever, I got an invite to the outlet sale. This picture is on it - what a cute pile of Ledburys. I wonder if they will be in the sale? That olive one is lovely :heart:
form_img.jpg

Tiree - sorry to be blunt but no, it doesn't make sense to go to York!

If you get there and there's nothing you want to buy that's £80 wasted. Are you desperate for anything in particular - denim Mabel?????
Also to get the best bargains you're going to need to be there at opening time. There's always a huge queue at Shepton about an hour before it opens and within 30 mins, the bargains are gone.

Thanks for the info SJ, that's why I posted the thread. I didn't know if it would be worth while or not as I haven't experienced a 'Mulberry Sale' before.

Now, after all of the expertise of the tPF girls, I now realise it is not worth while and really don't think I will bother going.

I'm looking for an Antony but doubt that will be in the sale. If the Denim Mabel was greatly reduced then I would be tempted.

What kind of discount can we expect from the sale? 30%?