York Outlet

I'm going to York for the day in September - a long way off I know. But I was just wondering is the Mulberry outlet store very far from the train station?

TIA.

If it's still in the same place it's in Swinegate which is pretty central. The train station is fairly central - though most people prefer to take the bus into town (I used to walk it, but I was a poor student in York then!).

Littleyamyam, it's only about 10 minutes from the station. I have to admit, I was in such a rush to get to Mulberry that I was pretty much galloping, and it was snowing at the time, but still - it's not far!

Thanks Hew. I tend to walk everywhere - 50 minutes each way to work every day so I'm more than happy to walk into town.
You'll be fine then - it's a nice walk into town over the bridge - it can get a bit frustrating if you get trapped behind the low moving tourists, but other than that it's a nice walk :biggrin:

You'll be fine then - it's a nice walk into town over the bridge - it can get a bit frustrating if you get trapped behind the low moving tourists, but other than that it's a nice walk :biggrin:

Ha ha - thanks Hew. I'm used to slow moving tourists too - I live in London and have to suffer the crowds around Madame Tussauds etc on my way to and from work! I'm very good as sidestepping!

Littleyamyam, it's only about 10 minutes from the station. I have to admit, I was in such a rush to get to Mulberry that I was pretty much galloping, and it was snowing at the time, but still - it's not far!
Thanks Indiana - I'm sure I'll be moving at a fast pace too! I'm excited already - only 4 months to go!!!!

Ha ha - thanks Hew. I'm used to slow moving tourists too - I live in London and have to suffer the crowds around Madame Tussauds etc on my way to and from work! I'm very good as sidestepping!
Ha! I know what you mean I seem to only live in tourist towns - when I finished uni I moved straight from York to Cambridge - not quite as many grannies in cambridge but a heck of a lot of young tourists who move slowly en masse in their matching rucksacs! Gotta love the tourists :biggrin:. Think I might have to pay a visit to York again and become one of them!!!

Ha! I know what you mean I seem to only live in tourist towns - when I finished uni I moved straight from York to Cambridge - not quite as many grannies in cambridge but a heck of a lot of young tourists who move slowly en masse in their matching rucksacs! Gotta love the tourists :biggrin:. Think I might have to pay a visit to York again and become one of them!!!

I know what you mean, Lincoln is awash with them when the weather is nice, and the queue for the ice cream shop is massive :nuts::biggrin:

York is a lovely day out though, I would like to go back soon...