York Outlet - tell me everything

Hello ladies

Managed to convince my boyfriend that we need to go away for Valentine's Day, so I booked a pair of train tickets to York. Now he thinks we're going on long walks around the Minster and I need to work on my "Oh, I didn't know there was a Mulberry outlet shop here, let's have a quick look" face.

I know this is a little off topic, but do you fine women know what else I we could do in the city? Any nice restuarants/gastropubs? Or hotels near the outlet?

Hopefully I will come back with a few reveals as a reward for your help

Fongchau- check out the york meet thread for restaurants etc - York is beautiful it is designed for tourists- apart from the minster there is the viking centre the train museum parks etc - the streets are cobbled and the buildings are amazing. The outlet store is a stand alone shop in the centre and is not that big but I can still spend hours on end in there- the staff are wonderful and very patient - they dont mind you trying everything on and coming back after lunch and then again after other shopping - well they humour me anyway!!

Selection is pretty much the same as the others- not as good as shepton but I have always got as good there as at CO and Bicester - in fact Ive been to Bicester a few times and always come away empty handed- and they never answer the phone to me so all my outlet purchases have been york in person or SM by phone

Hi. I'm in York next weekend and i wondered if it was worth a trip to the outlet. How big is it and what range of bags do they carry? I'm in lust with the powder beige Lily, any chance of me finding her there? Thanks in advance.

Hi. I'm in York next weekend and i wondered if it was worth a trip to the outlet. How big is it and what range of bags do they carry? I'm in lust with the powder beige Lily, any chance of me finding her there? Thanks in advance.

It's always worth a visit but I am not sure on the size compared to other stores. If you look on the shopping thread under the outlet stock you will get an update on what was there when the last person visited.

Let us know if you manage to get anything.;)

Size-wise, it's smaller than Bicester or Shepton Mallet (haven't visited Cheshire Oaks) & stock varies - I posted what I saw there last week under the 'Shopping' thread.

It's worth going there -espec if you're in York anyway.