York Meet Discussion - 18th December 10

i think yorks a bit far for me. its a 4 an a half hour drive. im going to haver a look at the trains as there is a train station 1mile away.

I could pick you up from any station from Durham south to York as I will be driving. I would think the trains would be quicker depending upon from where you are travelling.

Ohhhh do try to come.:nuts: You know you want to and I am sure York will look lovely that time of year and has lots of little quirky shops for pressies too.:graucho:

I have only been there a handfull of times, and only once to the Mulberry shop. I will look at the train as it might be more appropriate for a busy Christmas shopping day. There are readily available maps of York on the net, and its relatively easy to walk around.

ahh that might be an idea!
im coming from southampton in the south, ive never been to york!

I suppose it will depend when the trains are and what people are doing ie staying or travelling for the day. I am sure there will be trains but you may need to change.;)

If we can get something decided as to when we are going to meet then you can see from there. Good luck.:graucho:

Thanks TB, Train option makes it an easier decision as York is 2+ hours drive for me. Now a CO meet is a different matter!!!!

There are two main car parking places in the centre of York. I may give it a test run the week before to see how busy it will be to park in the centre car parks. Its only a 10min walk into the centre of York from there and I know exactly where the Mulberry Shop is too.:woohoo:

I will reserve 2 spaces for you MG and BMB if you do come and need picking up.;)

It's only an hr by train from where I am and it's a direct train, it would take the best part of 2 hrs to drive. Is it quite easy to get to the outlet village from the train station?