Yoogis sent different bag to one pictured in listing..

oggers86

Dec 7, 2008
I recently purchased a bag from Yoogis closet and recieved it yesterday. After checking it in AT Chloe thread it was pointed out that actually it was a different bag to the one pictured in the listing, the datecode is completely different and the listing states wear, my actual bag is pristine and the leather feels a bit stiff... (Pics available if anybody wants to see)

Brigitte also has issues with the actual pic iv pictured but says the listing looks ok as does Lescoy which again all points out the fact I have a different bag..

Yoogis offer a full return policy, I think I should be entitled to my shipping costs back (not to mention the custom fees which were £100.00!!!) because the bag isnt the one I bought...how do I go about this?

Im really annoyed that iv just spent a fortune on a bag only to find out I may have to send it back and probably eat up the custom fees when this could clearly be a bait and switch situation!!!!!!! :mad:

Could be just a mistake. Humans do make them. How about checking with your customs office about refunds if you can prove that you are returning the item that tax was paid on - as it will be exported out of your country's jurisdiction presumably your country is no longer entitled to the tax revenue? I would think there must be some mechanism in the tax system to deal with that.

Maybe its too early in the morning and I need another cup of coffee, but I'm confused...

I understand the bag you got from Yoogis has a different datecode, so it is a different bag than the one listed. But, the bag you received is in pristine condition while the one listed indicated wear. So, didn't you get the better end of the deal? You paid for a bag with some wear, but got pretty much a brand new one? Was there something special about the one you thought you were getting? Also, I'm not sure its really bait and switch. Bait and switch generally refers to when someone gets you to buy something based on representations and you get something of lessor value/quality. In this case, it sounds like you got an upgrade.

Maybe its too early in the morning and I need another cup of coffee, but I'm confused...

I understand the bag you got from Yoogis has a different datecode, so it is a different bag than the one listed. But, the bag you received is in pristine condition while the one listed indicated wear. So, didn't you get the better end of the deal? You paid for a bag with some wear, but got pretty much a brand new one? Was there something special about the one you thought you were getting? Also, I'm not sure its really bait and switch. Bait and switch generally refers to when someone gets you to buy something based on representations and you get something of lessor value/quality. In this case, it sounds like you got an upgrade.

I didnt get the better deal as like CHB says there are certain issues with the one I have just recieved...obviously this is something of a concern...

Call them. It might be an honest mistake and they might want to rectify it. Honest mistakes DO happend; give them a chance to make it up to you. Oh, and keep us posted!

Ok Ive just heard back from Yoogis, this is what they said:

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the error in shipping your item. We shipped another inbound Chloe Whiskey bag by mistake and we still have the bag you originally purchased. Please return the item back to us and we will refund you the full amount including all your shipping charges. Please also include the reciept for the return shipping for our records. If you still want the bag, we can offer you a 10% discount and ship it to you by USPS Express Mail right away and you will not be charged the shipping fees. Again, we apologize for our mistake and thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. Please let us know if you would like for us to ship out your actual bag. Thanks again!

I would like the original bag if it is actually what I paid for and a 10% discount is certainly a good deal. However, if I recieve the second bag, will I get charged a second lot of custom fees??

But what if the bags had been sent to the wrong people and the person who had the slouchy bag really wanted the stiff one, and the person with the stiff one wanted to keep it? That wouldn't have been very fair.

I applaud they way oggers86 handled everything

Information and communication are your friends! :smile: