"YKK" Zipper on Chanel Flaps?

jing bbag

O.G.
May 1, 2009
Hi I'm a newbie with Chanel, and i had just gotten my first ever Chanel Reissue 2.55. Anyway, I was inspecting it and noticed that the zipper has a "YKK" marking. I was just curious if this is normal?

My white reissue (2009) and red medium caviar flap (2007) have YKK zippers. YKK is used for special edition colors. Permanent line colors have EP zippers. There are also special edition colors with EP zippers as well, so it's up to Chanel.

My white reissue (2009) and red medium caviar flap (2007) have YKK zippers. YKK is used for special edition colors. Permanent line colors have EP zippers. There are also special edition colors with EP zippers as well, so it's up to Chanel.
Hi Sophie
I am new to the site and you seem to have alot of knowledge on Chanel. Do you know if its possible to have a real chanel cambon but the zip puller with the wrong CC logo, the incorrect overlapping?

thanks in advance
Kind regards
Xsara

YKK "Yoshida Kōgyō Kabushikigaisha" and EP "ever peak" are the suppliers for Chanel zippers! and "ever peak" EP also the supplier of the hardware .YKK is a Japanese company and EP is a Chinese one :smile:

YKK "Yoshida Kōgyō Kabushikigaisha" and EP "ever peak" are the suppliers for Chanel zippers! and "ever peak" EP also the supplier of the hardware .YKK is a Japanese company and EP is a Chinese one :smile:
Learn something new everyday. I see YKK on many items, not exclusive to luxury brands. Thanks for the info.

For more details, :Presents

I purchased on November 16, 2011 in Paris. And the series begin with 14xxxxxx, which means to be produced from 2010 to 2011. YKK has become the zipper provider for Chanel recently.

This one without flash:
SAM_2390.jpg

And with flash:
SAM_2398.jpg

Kind regards,
An