YIKES! My choco paddy from LVR has a scratch too!

amanda said:
i wouldn't worry, no bag is going to be 100% perfect no matter how hard we look for one that is, it just looks like an imperfection in the leather to me! i wouldn't return it based on that.

i agree with amanda. sometimes it is those small minor imperfections that add character to the bag

I don't think it has anything to do with LVR. You should see some of the bags I've seen at NM and Saks! Lumps in the handles, brutalized hardware, scratches, you name it. I think it's more Chloe than anything else.

tod- thats how i felt when i got my pocket...but if you're ok with it and its not really noticeable, then its really no biggie! but i would definitely call LVR to get some kind of compensation

would you guys call saks or NM to get a discount if you found defects, although they are really minor? theres a few glitches here and there on mine but overall its ok...but if i get can a discount...why not :biggrin:! anyone with experience?

I did get a $100 discount from BGonline because my hobo had scratches on the lock plate - definitely a return but not awful so I figure it didn't hurt to ask and it would've scratched eventually anyway. Others have received bigger discounts. It's worth trying if your flaws bothers you.

Since Chloe styled the paddington to look casual/weathered/boho whatever, it's prone to be made with fabulous but imperfect leathers. So I think it just comes with the territory. I wouldn't be so forgiving with a highly tailored bag.

On the otherhand I have often wondered about LVR selling seconds myself.... and from experience know they are not fans of the discount, return, or quick customer service once they've sold and shipped.... (1 month and still no key for my paddy!)

witlessz said:
they are open Mon to Fri Italy time...remember, this is Italy, people take siestas after lunch ;)

Agree - definitely keep in mind when calling that they are probably open from about 10am - 12 their time and then again from about 2pm - 6. I've had good luck phoning them from about 9am - 11am EST, which reaches them in the late afternoon their time (6 hours ahead of EST).

They don't sell seconds - their bags are received directly from Chloe just like any other boutique or department store that places an order. But when you buy from any boutique, their policy is going to be a lot more strict than a department store as far as giving a discount for an imperfection. Especially for an "imperfection" that is basically inherent in the bag itself. With the Paddys, I've received absolutely horrible bags from NM, Saks and Bergdorfs - if it's a small thing that you can live with, they're usually fine with offering a discount. It's all a matter of degree though - you will not find a perfect paddy - it's just not the nature of the style of the bag, the leather or the hardware.

It's been over a month since I got my choco and have loved her with all its "imperfections". It also helps that it's a dark color so the scratch doesnt really show...I never asked LVR for a discount. They never even replied to my emails regarding the scratch so I never bothered to pursue. Overall, it's still a beauty and love her to pieces!

tod said:
It's been over a month since I got my choco and have loved her with all its "imperfections". It also helps that it's a dark color so the scratch doesnt really show...I never asked LVR for a discount. They never even replied to my emails regarding the scratch so I never bothered to pursue. Overall, it's still a beauty and love her to pieces!

tod, LVR agreed to take my bag for a return or exchange but they didn't have any of the style or color i wanted so i decided to keep my choc paddy and the stain is hardly noticeable. a friend who owns a lot of brand bags said that it's the nature of leather to have little imperfections here and there....

bijin said:
tod, LVR agreed to take my bag for a return or exchange but they didn't have any of the style or color i wanted so i decided to keep my choc paddy and the stain is hardly noticeable. a friend who owns a lot of brand bags said that it's the nature of leather to have little imperfections here and there....

Hi Bijin, I remember you and I were going through this at the same time... it took them SOOO long to reply and I was dying to use my choco so I finally took the tag off and never looked back lol! Im glad you learned to love yours too:biggrin: