YIKES! My choco paddy from LVR has a scratch too!

bijin

O.G.
Dec 20, 2005
266
1
tod, you should let LVR know about it. on their website the have 3 email address. you can cc your letter.
with the stain, my bag looks like a seconds even though you hardly notice it. if you plan to keep it they should at least give you a discount. i think it's not only LVR but chloe in general because bags ordered from NM, BG, etc. have been returned because of imperfections. they're probably rushing to meet demand is what is happening. if we don't give the expectation that we want perfection for the money we pay, then we get what we settle for!
 

tod

O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
3,361
46
annabelle said:
Tod, I went to a professional leather cleaner today, and when he felt the "spot" on my bag he said because the surface is smooth, it will not get any bigger. He said it just looks like a minor "scratch" and he did not consider it a defect. When I told him I was considering sending it back to Italy for an exchange, he just laughed! :shame: Mine is located just a little higher than yours. I'm not worried about it anymore. I realize now that I was just being overly anal about it and that leather products will not be absolutely perfect. Anyway, despite the temporary irritation, I just love this bag! :love: Everything else about it is so perfect, and it's so sumptuous looking! I would still order from LVR again if I see another bag that I love. Of course, my choco bag looks just like yours, but soon I will post pics of mine too!:biggrin:

Same here - I think the overall charm of our bag is enough to overlook the imperfections. I guess it's ok as long as it's not a major defect. I also think it's becaue the leather is so soft so it's prone to these kinds of things. Good for you you're now happy and it's good that you brought it to a pro to look at. Now we can enjoy our bags and wear it well :biggrin:;)
 

tod

O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
3,361
46
pursegalsf said:
What is going on with LVR? I've heard so many negative feedbacks about them. It looks minor, but since I'm very anal about my bags, I would return it because I know it's there. If it doesn't bother you then keep it.

I'm really wondering about LVR... i'm usually anal about my bags too but when I think of the hassle I have to go through returning it, I don't want to bother. I think it's not overly major so I can live with it. I wrote LVR 2 days ago and havent gotten any response (!).
 

tod

O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
3,361
46
bijin said:
tod, you should let LVR know about it. on their website the have 3 email address. you can cc your letter.
with the stain, my bag looks like a seconds even though you hardly notice it. if you plan to keep it they should at least give you a discount. i think it's not only LVR but chloe in general because bags ordered from NM, BG, etc. have been returned because of imperfections. they're probably rushing to meet demand is what is happening. if we don't give the expectation that we want perfection for the money we pay, then we get what we settle for!

I actually wrote them as soon as I noticed the scratch. But they havent responded - it's been 2 days. I think you're right maybe it's Chloe in general trying to keep up with the demand. I got a Paddy several weeks ago from Neiman and had to return it the following day because the zipper was defective. I will definitely continue to write LVR- and maybe even Chloe just to let them know. Were you able to get a discount for yours because of the defect or did you just return it?
 

tod

O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
3,361
46
Noriko said:
I agree, that kind of thing would really bother me, but if you're fine with it keep it.

I think I can live with it if it stays the way it is now. My fear is it might get bigger and the leather might start to peel then I would really be upset. :worried: :cry:
 

bijin

O.G.
Dec 20, 2005
266
1
tod said:
I actually wrote them as soon as I noticed the scratch. But they havent responded - it's been 2 days. I think you're right maybe it's Chloe in general trying to keep up with the demand. I got a Paddy several weeks ago from Neiman and had to return it the following day because the zipper was defective. I will definitely continue to write LVR- and maybe even Chloe just to let them know. Were you able to get a discount for yours because of the defect or did you just return it?


I've written 2 letters and so far nothing. i will cc to the other 2 email they have on the website. can't return without hearing from them so kind of frustrating. :cry:
 

bijin

O.G.
Dec 20, 2005
266
1
tod said:
Bijin - sorry to hear that. I havent heard from them either. It's wierd coz when I was writing them regarding colors, sizes etc they were so good in writing back. Now, no reply.

well, i wrote email #3 with cc's and mentioned among other things that since i'm planning to buy from them again that i would like to keep a good relationship with their company, yada, yada, yada! let's see how soon i hear from them.
 

tod

O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
3,361
46
bijin said:
well, i wrote email #3 with cc's and mentioned among other things that since i'm planning to buy from them again that i would like to keep a good relationship with their company, yada, yada, yada! let's see how soon i hear from them.

Good luck! Keep us posted.
 

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
8,208
183
I wrote to them trying to get a confirmation of my order. The bag I ordered (big pocket Paddy in mousse) is in stock, but I don't know when they will charge my CC or ship the bag. So far no response. Are they closed over the weekend? All I know is that they approved my CC and the CC company they use sent me a confirmation, but not LVR. Need. Bag. Now.:biggrin:
 

annabelle

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
757
0
ETenebris said:
I wrote to them trying to get a confirmation of my order. The bag I ordered (big pocket Paddy in mousse) is in stock, but I don't know when they will charge my CC or ship the bag. So far no response. Are they closed over the weekend? All I know is that they approved my CC and the CC company they use sent me a confirmation, but not LVR. Need. Bag. Now.:biggrin:
My credit card was not charged until after it was shipped..the charge posted on my account the day before I received my handbag. Also, they send you an email on the day it ships and they'll also provide a tracking number...:biggrin:
 

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
8,208
183
annabelle said:
My credit card was not charged until after it was shipped..the charge posted on my account the day before I received my handbag. Also, they send you an email on the day it ships and they'll also provide a tracking number...:biggrin:

Thanks! I hope they ship it soon! It was available when I placed my order. Maybe with the new season they are swamped with orders...I don't know. Just hope it gets on its way to me. But knowing about the CC charge on the day of shipping is helpful.
:P
 
Top