Yet Another Unconfirmed Address Thread

In a nutshell, buyers outside of the U.S., Canada and the UK cannot have confirmed addresses. However, if you ship to the address on the PayPal transaction page, you are likely to be covered. I'm not sure what the restrictions are, but there are a few as far as I know, for instance, if you have very low feedback, you might not be covered by seller protection outside the U.S. and Canada...again, I'm not sure. If your buyer is in the U.S., it is up to her/him to jump through the necessary hoops to satisfy PayPal's requirements for a confirmed address, and terms & conditions in your listing.

Is this part true? I received a payment from an international buyer and her address is unconfirmed. Do I still send her the item or do I need to tell her to have her address confirmed? Paypal is telling me that I'll only be partially eligible for seller protection. TIA.

Is this part true? I received a payment from an international buyer and her address is unconfirmed. Do I still send her the item or do I need to tell her to have her address confirmed? Paypal is telling me that I'll only be partially eligible for seller protection. TIA.

When a transaction page says Partially Eligible, if you click that it will also tell you WHY and what is NOT eligible. Usually, it's PE due to unconfirmed address and no seller protection for unauthorized transactions.
You can call PP and further discuss this w/ them, as you really do need to be aware of your risks prior to making a decision about shipping.

When a transaction page says Partially Eligible, if you click that it will also tell you WHY and what is NOT eligible. Usually, it's PE due to unconfirmed address and no seller protection for unauthorized transactions.
You can call PP and further discuss this w/ them, as you really do need to be aware of your risks prior to making a decision about shipping.

I called them yesterday and the guy was completely unhelpful. My buyer lives outside of the US, UK, Canada so address confirmation isn't available according to Paypal in her country. Thanks for your help:smile:

As long as I'm venting, may I add one more thing?

I had a bidder ask me if I still had the receipt for the bag, which store I bought it from and whether it still smelled new. Okay, I can understand wanting a copy of the receipt for warranty purposes and even the location of the boutique. But when you add in the new bag smell question, the whole thing sounded kind of fishy to me.

As for Bonanzle, am I the only one who got offers on there that were outside the realm of reality? Seriously. $200 for a $1400 handbag that still has the tags on it? And that offer included shipping because the person lives in the same state.

I am taking an eBay selling hiatus for a while.

Hi
I'm sorry you are having a hard time and if you are serious about donating you could always offer the items to charity. Lots of charities accept items to sell on ebay and its the small charites that realy could use the donations (especially animal charities - if that is you personal prefrence). I got items donated to me to sell on ebay when my dog got Cancer and I was strugling with the chemo costs. Personally I think it's better giving the item to a charity than using ebays missionfish as I hate their admin fees and maybe but sadly I doubt it, if they see that a big percentage of your item is going to charity they 'might' behave.

doesnt show eligible for seller protection again I had a chargeback from someone who actually was at the address I sent the item to but paypal couldnt cover it because the transaction was only shown as partially eligible After that I have canceled at least 5 etsy transactions because of this issue They seem to have more unconfirmed users than other sites.I lost the sales but its better than losing money and your items.Also paypal protection is different on sites other than Ebay