Yet ANOTHER Ostrich question...

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
What about weight? In comparison with other leathers, how heavy or light is Ostrich? My 32cm Togo Kelly can actually be a little on the heavy side and I'm just wondering how heavy a 32cm rigide Ostrich Kelly would be......or any Ostrich bag for that matter...

Just also want to thank you guys for putting up with these endless questions........

:flowers:

Obviously it would be a good thing if I could actually SEE an ostrich bag in person....but unless the Gods rain Hermes bags here in San Francisco that just 'aint gonna happen.:sad:

come to Maine and see mine lol!!! Well when I did the "test" of what I have, the 30 togo birkin was heaviest, 32 ostrich kelly middle and the chevre 32 kelly lightest....so I do think it's lighter than togo..slightly...HTH! I don't mind your questions at all - this is how we all learn!!! Well except for the blue bag thing but I'm trying to let that go :smile:

Shopmom, I've also heard it's lighter than Togo. Ostrich, like Chevre, is what I call a super-skin! Can be dressy or casual, luxe, can take rain, lightweight. Just get that Kelly already!!!

GT (running for cover. Actually, I want an O Kelly but can't do it for a LONG time so I'm trying to live vicariously though you!!)

Shoes....:roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Hermes_Lemming.....(it might be a 32cm gold ostrich kelly...vintage-y, luscious, and if i can get that one comment i made in the other thread out of my head, it would be the bag i grow old with...well along with the others)

Greentea....I should just get the thing, I know. But Black Box Bolide hasn't even made a splash landing yet! And the money tree in the back yard is looking pretty bare, I might add. :sad:

Shopmom...I think ostrich might be the lightest? Oh...I'm no help just anxious with you about the gold ostrich!! To help you a little...I rarely see gold ostrich Kellys since I've been searching Ebay for about 5 years. But I know if you buy it you'll probably see tons of them!!...that's my luck!