Yet another newbie...thought I'd say HI before I start with all the questions :D

penjaxn

Do unto others...
O.G.
Feb 24, 2007
Hi there ladies! Been on tpf for a couple years but exclusively in the LV forum. Just recently discovered bbags when I decided to add some color to my collection. I've been lurking in the Bal forum for about 6 weeks, absorbing all the info I can and perusing all of your BEAUTIFUL bags! I'm trying to decide on which styles/colors I want now so thought I'd say HI and let you all know that you've created an EXCELLENT reference for someone new to Bal. :tup: THX ladies!!

Hi and welcome! Like many of the ladies here will say ... once you start with one Bal, you find it hard to stop. :smile:

Which styles are you thinking about? My favs are the City and the Day (the First was too small for me and the Work was too large). As for colours ... I love 'em all!

Hi Moonstarr, thanks for the kind welcome. I'm liking the City and the Part Time so far, I really like the shoulder straps. I would love to have a Weekender, just wish Bal would figure out that a bag that big neeeeeeeds a shoulder strap :idea:

Hi, Penjaxn,
I know it's hard to choose b bag, and it's hard to stop getting more.
If you want get only one b bag, city may be the classic and great choice, as Lv speedy.
Part time is bigger than the city, but just for me, I like twiggy more. You may try to search the thread of twiggy(clubhouse). It is cute and could be a everyday bag, match dress and jeans well.
RH is classic and GH looks so cool. But GH is heavier than RH.
I think if you have chance, you may go to the store, try to carry the bags, and decide the style and color.
I like tempete, galet and pourpre this season.
Can't wait to see what you decide to get.

Thanks for the advice ruiruiwinter :smile: I totally agree with all your color choices for this season. Sounds like we have similar taste. Right now, Tempete/Storm is at the top of my list as I wear jeans most days. Still trying to decide to go with City or Part Time. I think you're right, I'm definitely gonna have to go try them on to decide.

Hi there! Welcome! You're now about to embark on an insane journey of Bal-addiction :biggrin:

Please feel free to ask us anything you want/need to know about Bbags.

My personal favourite Bbag is the City... I love the look and it's just the right size for me. I love the look of the PT, but find it a little too long - too east-west - on me. Best to try on all the styles and see which ones look best of you.

Tempete is a gorgeous moody neutral... however, I personally found it too matchy-matchy with my jeans. But hey, it'll probably look great on you ;). Have fun picking out your first Bbag!

Thanks MichK :smile: I've been checking out the pics of how the City and PT hand on everyone. I'm kinda short so I'm wondering if the PT may be a little too east west on me too. I have a feeling this is gonna be a baaaaaaad addiction :biggrin:

Hopefully, you'll have more self-control than the rest of us! :lol:

Do try the PT on in person, if you can. When it's new, especially, it feels very east-west because the corners are still very stiff.

Hi penjaxn,
I m so happy, we have similar taste:smile:
I noticed that you said you are short, so I suggest you could try to carry twiggy.
Tempete is a unique color:smile:
BTW I love your puppy:smile:

Last edited:
Hi, Penjaxn,
I know it's hard to choose b bag, and it's hard to stop getting more.
If you want get only one b bag, city may be the classic and great choice, as Lv speedy.
Part time is bigger than the city, but just for me, I like twiggy more. You may try to search the thread of twiggy(clubhouse). It is cute and could be a everyday bag, match dress and jeans well.
RH is classic and GH looks so cool. But GH is heavier than RH.
I think if you have chance, you may go to the store, try to carry the bags, and decide the style and color.
I like tempete, galet and pourpre this season.
Can't wait to see what you decide to get.

My words exactly. Welcome to the wonderful world of Balenciaga!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Balenciaga on the PF!

:welcome2::welcome2:

We have a wonderful group of members here in this particular subforum. Our authenticators are great! Our reference section is fabulous. Addy and Jira are our super moderators - very kind and patient. If you have any questions at all, please post them, and someone will jump in and help. :smile:

Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome :smile: I like that there are fewer members on this subforum than on LV, you guys seem to really engage with each other and are sooooooo supportive of one another. Since I've fallen hard for bbags, I'm sure I'll be getting to know you all well in the near future :biggrin:

Welcome to the colorful Balenciaga world!

I think we are lucky to have all these great people in this forum, giving the thoughtful advice!

I could not agree more that our referece library & clubhouse sub-forum are fabulous! Whenever I need to know about a color or a style, I just search there!

Definitely go to the store to try on different styles and colors if you can!
Good luck on your decision, it's always hard yet FUN!