Yet another Kate Spade bag question...

It's a cute, timeless style.

I'm not a fan of Kate Spade nylon bags though. I bought a number of Kate Spade nylon bags when she first came out with them. I found that they became trashed very quickly, stained easily and didn't wear well at all -- black was no exception for me. The bottoms of several bags -- including a steel grey color I loved -- really water stained badly. I have some Prada nylon bags that have worn much better. At this point, I'm not going pay a lot of money for nylon. It's a personal thing -- I don't want to shell out over $100 for something that's nylon -- no matter what the style or designer.

I find used Kate Spade nylon bags and wash them. Usually spots come out with spot cleaning and blow drying the area. The fabric wears very well and feels nice. Somehow I only have one nylon KS, rest are leather, canvas and straw. Not sure what this Oxford fabric is like however. The bag isn't going to be much lighter than the leather one, it is interlined as well as lined. If I were in the market for a black bag I would chose the larger leather one. I prefer larger leather bags. The leather label on nylon is awkward as well.

The only KS nylon bag I've ever had showed wear within a month- I was pretty disappointed with it, as I generally love KS. I would stick with the leather version.

:throwup:I had a Kate Spade nylon bag that I loved for a month, then it got ruined and I couldn't wash it or recover it to being useful...what happened you might ask? I went drinking with BF and friends, drank too much, got sick in the car en route home, and he had me puke in my purse. Yeah, nylon won't hold up to vomit...