yesterday I met somebody who insist my neverfull is made of plastic

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
    so yesterday I went to local shopping center to buy some water proof spray for the vachetta in my new neverfull, the first place I can think of is the man who fix leather shoes, watches etc...
    I told him I need a waterproof spray for the leather in my bag, he became a bit angry n said there's no leather in this bag, all plastic! err... I told him the handles are leather and main part is canvas as their website says. he was like I don't want listen! and repeated several times "its all plastic, you only buy brand name but its all plastic..." I feel a bit scared but still asked to buy the spray...

2. You encountered an idiot. There are a lot of them in the wild, some in better disguises than others.

3. That's weird. I'm not sure I'd want to go back and deal with him again.

4. Well, the vachetta is leather so he's obviously wrong. Don't worry about a stranger's comment, especially an ignorant one:lol:

5. Did you tell him that his brain was all plastic too?

6. Yes! Exactly! LOL:smile:

7. Ignorance is bliss for some :nogood:

8. The truth! Lol

9. From what I have read in the reference thread, the canvas is plastic or PVC coated.

10. He obviously doesn't need business- that's no way to talk to customer..

11. 😂😂😂😂

12. Louis Vuitton doesn't make it a secret: the canvas is cotton canvas coated in a kind of vinyl. And indeed the trimmings are leather. On the NF in DE, the leather is heavily coated as well.

I am totally confortable buying a canvas LV product. I don't feel cheated: I know what I am buying.

Whatever that dude says, who cares? None of his business! If you want to spend 2K on manure, it's your prerogative!

13. +1

14. Whether you call it plastic, cotton or even linoleum.. the monogram canvas has opulence and history behind it. Anyone can pick up a cheap leather bag made in Chinese sweatshops, but not everyone can afford a genuine LV canvas bag.

I carry my plastic LV bag with pride. :biggrin:

15. Dummy. Sorry you encountered him.