YES!! I have been accepted at Guide Dogs for the Blind

shanam

62 is the new 40 LOL
Aug 15, 2006
I am so excited, happy, thrilled and I can't believe it and so wanted to share it with all my tPF friends.:cloud9: I will be going to the San Rafael, CA campus on nov. 23rd and will graduate on dec. 12th. I am pretty sure I will be getting a
labrador retriever because there is a wait list for golden's and a lab is the right dog for me. This is going to be a life
changing thing for me. no more cane = no more stares
and stupid remarks. i can hold my head up high and walk with confidence. and i will have a dog to love again.
i want to thank everyone who sent good wishes my way when they knew i was doing this. i appreciate it greatly.
And, i MUST thank tPF because while this is a purse forum, it is so muxh more. Through tPg i met Big Purse
Sue who has been my mentor, guide, confidant, suppport and friend throughout this process. Without her encouragement, positivity and stories; (along with my being able to share feelings that were too hard to share even with my own famiy I would never be getting a guide dog.

i love tPF - there is nothing like it anywhere and i so appreciate being among this wonderful community.

:heart::smooch:

joyce

OMG congrats!!! Big huge hugs to you, Shanam!! This *is* going to be life changing in so many ways. GDB is such an amazing organization...can't wait to hear more about your journey!!

XXXOO PG

Congrats!!! That's awesome news!! My friend was thinking about going to that campus because the one in NY wouldn't let her get a guide dog (she's completely visually impaired) because she wasn't working at the time. Congrats again!