Yer Killin' Me Stinky!

*sounds of various BBT kittehs shuffling, jostling each other, clearing throats etc.*

Sings: Happy Birdies to yewww, Happy Birdies to yewwww, Happy Stinky Day dear Stiiiiiiiiiinker and her Mama, Happy Stinker Day to yeeeweeee....and many mooooore

Happy Stinky Day, everyone!
:drinks::drinks::drinks:

Reactions: cats n bags
Picky...Picky...Picky...:annoyed:

Since when do Ferals turn into picky eaters?!? :pout:
Last winter, I noticed Mama and Sissy were going across the street, and suspected they were raiding their old colony feeding station. It was also kind of cold, so I started splitting a can of Fancy Feast in their breakfast and dinner bowls. When the Fancy Feast started, they were much better about showing up for meals and sticking around the yard. I think they needed the extra calories to keep warm since BG was now living inside.

This summer, I was trying to get Sunshine to eat more and got a sample of expensive cat food for her to try. She really liked the sample, so I got a big bag of it. She didn't like the food after I got the big bag. :blah: Since it was getting warm, and the Mamas didn't need so much food, I had stopped giving them Fancy Feast on their kibbles, and they were not happy. I offered them the expensive stuff, and they decided it was a really good substitute for the missing can food. :rolleyes:

This weekend, I ran out of the expensive food and served the regular food instead. They were not amused. :pout: They picked out what was left of the expensive food and left the regular stuff for the other strays to eat. So, I broke down and ordered another big bag of the expensive stuff. :doh: These ferals are not starving, and since they started putting on their winter fat while we are setting record high temperatures, they are getting a little roundish. :rolleyes:

Reactions: clevercat
Picky...Picky...Picky...:annoyed:

Since when do Ferals turn into picky eaters?!? :pout:
Last winter, I noticed Mama and Sissy were going across the street, and suspected they were raiding their old colony feeding station. It was also kind of cold, so I started splitting a can of Fancy Feast in their breakfast and dinner bowls. When the Fancy Feast started, they were much better about showing up for meals and sticking around the yard. I think they needed the extra calories to keep warm since BG was now living inside.

This summer, I was trying to get Sunshine to eat more and got a sample of expensive cat food for her to try. She really liked the sample, so I got a big bag of it. She didn't like the food after I got the big bag. :blah: Since it was getting warm, and the Mamas didn't need so much food, I had stopped giving them Fancy Feast on their kibbles, and they were not happy. I offered them the expensive stuff, and they decided it was a really good substitute for the missing can food. :rolleyes:

This weekend, I ran out of the expensive food and served the regular food instead. They were not amused. :pout: They picked out what was left of the expensive food and left the regular stuff for the other strays to eat. So, I broke down and ordered another big bag of the expensive stuff. :doh: These ferals are not starving, and since they started putting on their winter fat while we are setting record high temperatures, they are getting a little roundish. :rolleyes:

An all too familiar story :giggle: Those stinkers (sorry, Stinky) have obviously been in contact with Doris and her focks friends. About six weeks ago, I spent £40 on 48 sachets of Almo Natur Raw mackerel, after Miss Molly guzzled down the sample sachets I had been given. Once the money was spent, Molly decided the mackerel was Poisoned and Disgusting. So I gave it to the outdoor crew. Now it's gone and I left Felix wet food out for them last night. This morning, the food was untouched and someone had done a poo next to the bowl.
I've caved and re-ordered the mackerel...

An all too familiar story :giggle: Those stinkers (sorry, Stinky) have obviously been in contact with Doris and her focks friends. About six weeks ago, I spent £40 on 48 sachets of Almo Natur Raw mackerel, after Miss Molly guzzled down the sample sachets I had been given. Once the money was spent, Molly decided the mackerel was Poisoned and Disgusting. So I gave it to the outdoor crew. Now it's gone and I left Felix wet food out for them last night. This morning, the food was untouched and someone had done a poo next to the bowl.
I've caved and re-ordered the mackerel...
I am soooooooo happy mine are a little more polite than yours are. They have a fairly expensive coir mat for their feeding/napping/waiting porch and I don't think it would be easy to clean a turd out of that bristley stuff. The fluffy tabby didn't mind that they left most of the kibbles for her, but they aren't getting can food out there until the heat and bug season are done. Poor Mr. Kitty was chased away from his can food by the wasps back in the olden days. He was usually OK in the mornings, but in the evenings they would swarm his food if he had left any of the meat from his morning meal.

Mornin all...
Still waiting for things to cool down some more. It is getting dark in the morning, but still not really cold yet. I think the mountains are finally getting some snow. The first year I lived in this house we had a major snow storm that dumped close to a foot of wet heavy snow and broke a bunch of the trees in the neighborhood.

Mornin all...
Still waiting for things to cool down some more. It is getting dark in the morning, but still not really cold yet. I think the mountains are finally getting some snow. The first year I lived in this house we had a major snow storm that dumped close to a foot of wet heavy snow and broke a bunch of the trees in the neighborhood.

So beautiful, cats! It looks so peaceful...:love:

Are you still warm over there?? We got the snowz here today. Well sleet really but it was chilly!!
We were upper 80's yesterday until the cold front blew in. We are mid 40's right now, but headed for the 80's again. I saw the video of your snow on the news last night, but were too far on the edge of the front to get much more than the wind. I am probably going to need to scare up a pair of gloves and warmer jacket for my walk this morning.

We are back at 70 again today, then it is supposed to turn cold. Mother Nature gets very silly this time of year. I know you always stay warmer longer than we do though. The backyard kitties have more time for sunning before the white stuff flies I'm sure!

Please send some healing mojo to Hissy Sissy. :sad: I noticed this morning that she is limping on a front paw, but I don't see any swelling. She was licking it, so I'm sure it hurts, but I can't tell if she pulled a claw out or has a sticker between the toe beans. I've noticed a couple of claws stuck in her head the last 2 mornings, so someone is putting swats on her. Mama Kitty sometimes has to slap her upside the head when Sissy is getting a bit rude, so I figured Mama tried to knock some sense in her. :rolleyes: