Yellow toenails and yellow strappy heels????

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I love yellow sandals, but I am not a fan of yellow toenails under any circumstances because... well, they're yellow. While yellow can be a cute color for clothes and shoes and accessories, it is just an inherently bad color for toenails, IMO. If you want to keep things neutral, I'd go with a French pedi so as not to compete with the sandals. Otherwise a bright contrasting shade would also work. I just cannot get over a visceral, negative reaction to yellow on toenails.

venusfly

Quality not Quantity. Less can be more!
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
New York City, USA
Haha! Your thread topic had me fooled. I was expecting something entirely different! :lol:

I think the yellow sandals and yellow polish is a cute combination. It 's colorful yes, and matchy matchy but it's pretty and fun which is exactly what summer is all about....but then again, as the queen of Pucci , I might be a little biased toward bright colors...Nevertheless I vote yes. Too cute! :tup:

venusfly

Quality not Quantity. Less can be more!
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
New York City, USA
Oh, one more thing, just don't do a yellow outfit or yellow purse....that would be overkill .....and then some :P

Pishi

Priya
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Houston
I have never favored yellow on toe nails, but that's my personal opinion. With those shoes, I think even a pale pink nail color would look nice. But if you like it, go for it.

moshi_moshi

OMG Shoez!
Jun 18, 2007
NJ/PA
the yellow sandals are cute but that particular nailpolish shade of yellow just doesn't look right. i agree with Pishi that a lighter shade would look better.

Immi

Aug 7, 2009
I like the combo. The nail polish is unusual, looks good! I think a paler shade of yellow would look even better though. Cute sandals btw!

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
The city that never sleeps!
I like the shade of yellow your shoes are on you, but not the nail polish. IMHO, it's just not a flattering shade of yellow on you. A lighter yellow might be better. Better yet, I'd go for a contrasting color (I like purple and yellow or hot pink and yellow) or a simple but elegant french pedi! :smile:

dramakitten

Feb 1, 2009
I love yellow sandals, but I am not a fan of yellow toenails under any circumstances because... well, they're yellow. While yellow can be a cute color for clothes and shoes and accessories, it is just an inherently bad color for toenails, IMO. If you want to keep things neutral, I'd go with a French pedi so as not to compete with the sandals. Otherwise a bright contrasting shade would also work. I just cannot get over a visceral, negative reaction to yellow on toenails.

ITA--that color nail polish would be great on black skin though...;)