Yellow leather???

Trayler

Dreaming in Shoeland
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
I was wondering if anyone would consider wearing a bag in yellow (banana) leather? Is is too loud? And can it work as a neutral.

I have so many black and brown bags...my greatest deviation from these basic colors has been getting an olive bag and a couple of tan colored bags.Since being on tPF,I'm learning to appreciate color more but I'm still too scared to take the leap.

I found this bag @ TJMaxx and I love the shape and the leather is so soft and luxe...but I'm worried about the color.
Here's the same bag listed on ebay.Should I keep her or send her back?

Please help!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300176592729&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

The color in the picture is not how I thought it would be when you described it. That color is a little less banana! I don't tend to choose yellow bags, just because I am not really a fan of the color for a bag.

If you try going with an eggplant color sometimes it is not a big shock like switiching to yellow. Eggplant or wine are some really safe colors for someone who is not used to a lot of color with her bags!

The bag you found looks cute though...if you like it then I say keep it!

Good Luck!

I love yellow!! It's a fun, bright colour and can add a splash of colour to outfits. However the colour that you have is more neutral and can work for great as a neutral. The leather seems scrumptious. I say keep it!!

That is a very neutral bag IMO. I would wear that with almost anything! I have a bag that's like a bright yellow mustard Ronald McDonald color. I mostly wear it with black and white and I get a TON of compliments on it. When you said banana, I thought you meant yellow like the peel. I was slightly disappointed, I'm not gonna lie :P

It's a great bag, though. The leather looks delicious!!!! Keep keep keep!!!!!!!!

the bag is nice but the color doesnt look like banana yellow. If the color is really what it looks like in the photo, I say go for it. If it's actually a bright yellow, I don't think you would be able to get much use out of it so I would say nay.

That bag is beautiful! I also expected a brighter yellow! I'm not a huge fan of yellow on anything, period, but I know lots of fellow tPFers swear by it and say it works great as a neutral color.

I don't usually like yellow, but Isabella Fiore has had some very pretty ones lately. They are a warm golden yellow in super-soft lambskin that would look great with almost anything. I think one of them is called Austin.

I really like the bag, but I wouldn't in a million years call it "yellow". Definitely a neutral buttery beige. So, yeah, I vote with the others who say keep it, but think of it as a neutral. For the more general question of would I wear yellow, heck yeah. I wouldn't wear a neon yellow, but I'm definitely a fan of bright colors that "pop" an outfit.