Yellow leather???

Trayler

Dreaming in Shoeland
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
NY
I was wondering if anyone would consider wearing a bag in yellow (banana) leather? Is is too loud? And can it work as a neutral.

I have so many black and brown bags...my greatest deviation from these basic colors has been getting an olive bag and a couple of tan colored bags.Since being on tPF,I'm learning to appreciate color more but I'm still too scared to take the leap.

I found this bag @ TJMaxx and I love the shape and the leather is so soft and luxe...but I'm worried about the color.
Here's the same bag listed on ebay.Should I keep her or send her back?

Please help!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300176592729&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

princessaj0603

Happily Engaged!
Jul 2, 2007
Shopping...
www.couturelove.com
The color in the picture is not how I thought it would be when you described it. That color is a little less banana! I don't tend to choose yellow bags, just because I am not really a fan of the color for a bag.

If you try going with an eggplant color sometimes it is not a big shock like switiching to yellow. Eggplant or wine are some really safe colors for someone who is not used to a lot of color with her bags!

The bag you found looks cute though...if you like it then I say keep it!

Good Luck!

bag-mania

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
I'd keep it, but I love both yellow and Donald Pliner bags so it's a no-brainer for me!:yes:

kings_20

Sep 23, 2007
Canada
I love yellow!! It's a fun, bright colour and can add a splash of colour to outfits. However the colour that you have is more neutral and can work for great as a neutral. The leather seems scrumptious. I say keep it!!

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
That is a very neutral bag IMO. I would wear that with almost anything! I have a bag that's like a bright yellow mustard Ronald McDonald color. I mostly wear it with black and white and I get a TON of compliments on it. When you said banana, I thought you meant yellow like the peel. I was slightly disappointed, I'm not gonna lie :P

It's a great bag, though. The leather looks delicious!!!! Keep keep keep!!!!!!!!

halocom

Dec 26, 2006
That's a nice-looking bag and I agree with other posters that the color is quite neutral. another vote to keep!

chai15

Nov 7, 2007
the color is not bag as I expected... you cab paired it with accessories has the same or near color... gud luck!

Dec 14, 2006
NYC
the bag is nice but the color doesnt look like banana yellow. If the color is really what it looks like in the photo, I say go for it. If it's actually a bright yellow, I don't think you would be able to get much use out of it so I would say nay.

purseinsanity

I can't stoaaaaahp!!
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
In "H"andbag "H"eaven
That bag is beautiful! I also expected a brighter yellow! I'm not a huge fan of yellow on anything, period, but I know lots of fellow tPFers swear by it and say it works great as a neutral color.

gotracey

Sunscreen Queen
Jul 28, 2006
Sunny So. Cal.
I don't usually like yellow, but Isabella Fiore has had some very pretty ones lately. They are a warm golden yellow in super-soft lambskin that would look great with almost anything. I think one of them is called Austin.

Kathy K

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
Sunny Florida
I really like the bag, but I wouldn't in a million years call it "yellow". Definitely a neutral buttery beige. So, yeah, I vote with the others who say keep it, but think of it as a neutral. For the more general question of would I wear yellow, heck yeah. I wouldn't wear a neon yellow, but I'm definitely a fan of bright colors that "pop" an outfit.