Yellow Gold, White Gold or Rose Gold? Single color for your stack? Or do you mix and match?

Jun 22, 2008
Are you color coordinated when it comes to the gold color of your Cartier pieces? Do you have all your pieces in a single color? Or are you the type who mixes and matches your yellow gold jewelry with white gold or rose gold?

I am the type who wears a single color at a time and most of my jewelry are white gold (and also platinum for non-Cartier jewelry). I do have non-Cartier yellow gold pieces and lately have been thinking of getting a small yellow gold JUC to mix with my white gold pieces.

Anyway, I would love to know everyone’s thought process before choosing the color of your Cartier (or even non-Cartier) jewelry to go with your stacks!

PS: feel free to post pics of your stacks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Namwan-
Are you color coordinated when it comes to the gold color of your Cartier pieces? Do you have all your pieces in a single color? Or are you the type who mixes and matches your yellow gold jewelry with white gold or rose gold?

I am the type who wears a single color at a time and most of my jewelry are white gold (and also platinum for non-Cartier jewelry). I do have non-Cartier yellow gold pieces and lately have been thinking of getting a small yellow gold JUC to mix with my white gold pieces.

Anyway, I would love to know everyone’s thought process before choosing the color of your Cartier (or even non-Cartier) jewelry to go with your stacks!

My engagement and wedding rings are platinum. I almost always wear a Cartier trinity rolling ring on my right hand. I feel like that ring gives me license to mix metals, which I like to do. I’ve recently added a silver & RG Hermès CDC bangle and a regular YG JUC bracelet with diamonds on my right arm, to wear with the trinity ring. (I used to wear a Lagos YG and SS bracelet). I wear a SS Cartier tank or a Cartier SS and YG Vendome watch on my left arm, with the wedding set.

Long answer to short question: I usually like to mix metals!

Reactions: Perli
Wedding + diamond rings and necklace are all mixture of rose gold n white gold.
Cartier watch is steel
Bracelets are YG.
Im fine with mixing however I always choose YG for bracelet but don’t mind RG. Unlikely I’ll ever cave in for WG bracelet.

Reactions: CoCoBelle
I’ve always mixed metals so at the moment I have rose gold JUC and rainbow love and love cuff, steel rolex, blackened platinum diamond solitaire necklace and brushed white gold earrings. Platinum Tiffany bubbles ring…so a little bit of everything !

I’m trying to decide the same right now! Not sure whether I want to add a YG or WG Love to my stack next.

I’m leaning towards WG because my Rolex is steel and I have two WG Love rings, so for the overall look it makes sense. But my heart loves YG! What do you all think?

Below are pics of my current stack/watch/ring combo on both wrists, then right wrist with WG or YG Love.

339FE1B0-BE40-466E-B093-7DDC10E92859.jpeg
7CD84526-8FF0-4B19-88CB-0D3A4B0DD4E7.jpeg
Please share opinions!

I’m trying to decide the same right now! Not sure whether I want to add a YG or WG Love to my stack next.

I’m leaning towards WG because my Rolex is steel and I have two WG Love rings, so for the overall look it makes sense. But my heart loves YG! What do you all think?

Below are pics of my current stack/watch/ring combo on both wrists, then right wrist with WG or YG Love.

View attachment 5158613
View attachment 5158603
Please share opinions!
I personally like the additional yg love mixed into your stack.

Reactions: Le Lion