Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings

This isn’t very helpful I know, but I bought mine from two local jewellers in a country I used to live in. They are great quality, lightweight, and all hinged. I wear three pairs on a daily basis, all 14K YG. I’ve had them for years and they’re still in perfect condition even though I abuse them by wearing them at night.
I personally wouldn’t buy them from a chain store. As a general rule they’re very cheaply made, mass-produced, and over-priced for what they are. Any family owned jewelers near you? If so, try one of them. You will probably pay a bit more money than a chainstore, but generally you’ll also get a much better product. Best of luck.

How big and thick do you want the hoops to be? Thin big hoops? Thick huggies?

I own the Everyday Hoops (10K solid) from Foe & Dear (a Canadian brand) and some from Mejuri (14K solid). I find both brands' prices to be fair and of good quality.

I also have a pair of 14K solid from Costco! Can't beat both the price and the return policy, plus if you are their Gold Member I believe you get a 2% rebate!

If you have local jewellers/gold shops near you I would also recommend taking a look there as the prices are usually better since you are not paying for a "name".

If you don't mind getting just vermeil or gold-filled those are usually the cheaper alternatives should price be an issue (and if you do, I personally prefer gold-filled over vermeil as I find them longer lasting).

ETA: I also have a pair of Gorjana that are 18K gold plated which I find has stand the test of time also. You can find them at Nordstrom.

It really depends on the style and quality of the hoops you are after and whether you prefer branded or non-branded.

Personally, for classic gold hoops of whatever size and gold purity, my first port of call would be my local jeweller. Most jewellers will have a few size options to choose from and in different metals, plus they can order in if necessary.

Look for hoops that are solid rather than hollow, they will still be fairly lightweight (unless they are huge) and much nicer. Glamira (which I believe ships worldwide) have a lovely selection of hoops and they are all solid. They are a little more expensive because of this but still much cheaper than a designer brand.

If you are looking for branded and/or diamond hoops, I recommend Roberto Coin. I have a pair of diamond inside out hoops by RC and they are really good quality, plus I got a discount from Bloomies when I ordered them which made the cost a lot more palatable. Carolina Bucci and Ippolita also do some lovely hoops in different sizes.

If you like the idea of adding charms or drops, Kiki McDonough and Annoushka do a lovely range of both plain and diamond hoops. It’s nice to have the option of either wearing them as they are or adding a drop to change up the look :smile:

Reactions: limom